HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

General Random Questions

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
suzzie

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   06/02/12, 06:56 am

All Neata wanted was an apology nothing more but he refused arrogant so and so !
Back to top Go down
suzzie

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   06/02/12, 06:54 am

Hi everyone
we made an appointment and took Neata we had the photo's and the doctors report from the hospital .
we saw the woman doctor who apologised immediately ..But the fellow he was plain arrogant said he couldn't remember her and then he couldn't remember his pass word for the computer but he was playing games smirking and rolling his eyes !....
Neata kept calm and said you blamed my been fat when i was cleary bloated you made me feel bad and made rude comments regarding my diet and exercise..
With this he said yes we did discuss your weight !
Neata let him have it because he did remember after all and he stuffed up but he refused to say he was at fault...
we asked him why he didn't examine her or send her for tests ?
He just shrugged his shoulders said he didn't have time for this no apology nothing We told him we were seeing a lawyer he smiled and said we discussed your weight i never said any thing else!
Neata said that's right you didn't do any thing else!.. But insult me and make me cry you were laughing at me as i walked out the door this is not the end of this good bye and we left !
She rang a negligence lawyer and he has taken it on telling her she has a good case of neglect !
So now we wait !
He is a practice doctor from Tri Star medical group there head office is in echuca ..
Back to top Go down
Delia

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   06/02/12, 04:54 am

I am glad you daughter will be ok.

Sue this Doctor but also make an appointment to see him and tell him what he did and what happened as to his incompetence.

Tell everyone.

This is the trouble with some Indian Dr they don't want to touch or look at another female. I had an experience where I had shingles and took my top off so he could see and the Dr could hardly bear to look at me let along touch me. I think it is something in their religion.

Was he a hospital Dr?
Back to top Go down
http://deliahereiam.blogspot.com/
rose bud

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   06/02/12, 01:26 am

Hes a prick and then some.
I can only immagine your frustration and anger.
Wonder how many other complaints are on his files with hospitals and medical practices, goverment boards, ect
Back to top Go down
Losingit

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   06/02/12, 12:06 am

I can't believe we still have this sort of arrogance in the medical profession. It is totally unacceptable. I find it ludicrous that when one is overweight/obese, EVERY medical issue is blamed on that. I had more medical issues when I was 'normal' size than I ever did when I was obese.

Thankfully your daughter has made it through, no thanks to that incompetent basket (not the word I wanted to use). Make him pay a heavy price for his behaviour.
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   05/02/12, 09:22 pm

I think you should sue the pants of him.

Arrogant Pr...
Back to top Go down
zippy

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   05/02/12, 09:21 pm

thats aweful suzie... your poor daughter!

I absolutely agree with you and I have to say my daughter had a similar problem 6 months ago...pain in the belly and back, fainting... ( and she is stick thin) they decided she was pregnant and then when that test was negative sent her home saying she was over dramatic... she ended back up in hospital and 24 hours later after a pshyc evaluation for hyperchondria she was finally offered a pelvic scan which revealed a 10 by 20 cm mass on her ovary...

It was removed by emergency operation immediately and thank God it was benign...

doctors are too quick to right off symptoms particularly in women these days. We are either too fat or just sympathy chasers.

I would persue this... even if its just for your daughters satisfaction
Back to top Go down
suzzie

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   05/02/12, 08:24 pm

Hi everyone ..
Thanks for your support !
This weekend was a stressful one and i turned to food once again to get me through !
I tried hard not to but in the end i let my brain win me over So need to get back into the groove !
My Daughter who has weight issues and suffers with polycystic ovaries went to a doctor on friday complaining of horrible pain in her back and side.
He did not even examine her just sat there smirking at her then said it's because you are fat !
He asked her if she dieted and done exercise she told him yes she did but the weight would not shift .
He then said to her i think you sit on the couch all day and the fat falls from the sky and you gobble it up ! she got up and left he was laughing at her as she walked out .. Saturday morning she was rushed into surgery with a ruptured etopic pregnancy they had to remove her ovary and fallopian tube she was bleeding out into her stomach and the doctor later told us that she was close to death when they rushed her in .. I am so angry with that Dr and so is the hospital he is incompatunt and they are urging neata to sue him Her surgeon gave us the medical notes and photo's of the damage to her tubes and ovary and said you must take this and start a case he has to pay for his arrogance and incompatance .. What is going on with our medical system when doctors can treat people like this but i am not against different cultures but this doctor was indian and he did not even touch her just sat ther mocking her ! i am so wild over this .. sorry for venting on here but i hope you all understand she is my baby girl ... suzzie ...
Back to top Go down
Delia

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   02/02/12, 11:49 pm

My port is only just under the skin ao I guess it is esay to feel an get it.
Back to top Go down
zippy

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   02/02/12, 09:30 pm

Your not crazy sooze.... my surgeon always drew back checked it then reinjected with the extra.
Back to top Go down
suzzie

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   02/02/12, 08:29 pm

Hi Delia
Tamaris always has done that she draws it all out and then puts it in she said its the best way to know that you have got the right spot and that nothing has gone wrong because she keeps a record of how much is in there if it's gone then there is a problem and she can do some thing straight away ! But this new fella Ron Miller who has taken on Tamaris banders i wouldn't have a clue as to what he is like i just hope he is nice ! cheers sue ...
Back to top Go down
Delia

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   02/02/12, 08:35 am

HI Sue
My Doctors don't take the fluid out before putting in the next lot. I notice a sort of pop when they get the post. Sometimes they miss and they know right away.
Delia
Back to top Go down
suzzie

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   02/02/12, 07:55 am

Hi Linda
Both my self and hubby have got no restriction what so ever !
Tamaris always put the needle in and then drew out every thing to check she got it in ! he didn't and i did not have that feeling i get when i get a top up its like a tightness in the throat which takes a few days to go there was none of that at all so i think he missed !
I will wait and see what this new doctor says about it he can check if he got it or not but my hunger is definitly stronger ! Cheers Sue ...
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   01/02/12, 10:01 pm

Hi Suzzie

Is it worse since your fill or the same? Best scenario is that he didn't get any fill in. Worst is if he punctured the band and you don't have any fill at all. Did your husbands fill work? The doctors don't usually take all the fill out when doing a fill. Mine just tops it up. Usually you only take the fill out to check that what is meant to be in there is still there.

Please let us know how you go.
Back to top Go down
suzzie

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   01/02/12, 10:18 am

hello every one ..
It's been a while i have been busy with the new job which i love !
I am not doing to well with weight loss at the moment really need a fill don't have any restriction at all can eat mountains of food and chug down drink like there is no tomorrow .
Trouble is i think that the doctor i saw last month who did a fill for me because (my surgeon has shut her doors ) has damaged the band he didn't draw the fluid out he just pushed the needle in and said done since then no restriction
I have an appointment on the 18 th with the new doctor who has taken on Tamaris patient's Dr Ron Miller so hope fully he can work out whats going on i have put on 3 kilo's in the last two months clothes fit the same but scales don't lie !! any way hope fully i can sort it out and keep losing as its frustrating i was 7 kilo's away from goal weight and was hoping to be at goal before april oh well i just have to put it back a bit ! i hope everyone is doing good and is happy and content take care fellow bandits ...cheers sue
Back to top Go down
Losingit

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   01/02/12, 06:21 am

I know there are lots of people who take thyroid medication, and for most it will be forever. It's not something that self-corrects.

I have no problems with taking it, or remembering to take it. What I do have an issue with is the fluctuating dosages - up and down over the years for no apparent reason. It seems I must have had a bad lot of medication (when I was upping it last year), and instead of thinking that the medication was the issue (which it most definitely was, but I had no reason to think so), I foolishly blamed some weight gain on stopping the exercise and eating a little more. The joint pain I attributed to the overexercise catching up with me.

I have learned my lesson, and at the first sign of trouble now I will insist on a blood test. If the dosage is right and keeps you within normal readings there should be no issue at all.
Back to top Go down
Tralee (Trace)

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   01/02/12, 06:04 am

I'm on 250mcg of thyroid medication always have been and I suppose always will be my dr told me the last one I will take will be the day I die
Back to top Go down
Delia

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   31/01/12, 10:44 pm

“Chronic joint pain, depression, extreme tiredness, total lethargy, always feeling cold, and the swelling of feet, ankles, legs and throughout my body was unbelievable, unable to wear shoes for months. The puffiness of that swelling has gone, and people are telling me I am looking well (despite all the weight I am carrying). “

I had forgotten about the cold feet and hands, swelling of feet ankles legs. I guess I have learned to live with it.

I do not have swelling of the feet any where near as much now the weight is gone but in hot weather it show's its ugly head again. Pain in joints comes and go as you would know. It would be nice to know exact ally what triggers the pain.

It is a shit of a disease.

Delia
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   31/01/12, 08:46 pm

Losing it ,

YOU ROCK !!!!!

Been thinking that for while now, just hadn't put it out there yet.

So today is the day, no agenda, just wanted to say is all.

Mwah
Tara
Back to top Go down
Losingit

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   31/01/12, 04:06 pm

Delia I have had an underactive thyroid for about 15 years or so, could be longer, I can't really recall when it was diagnosed (sometime in my mid-thirties I think). Mostly controlled with medication. January last year I had a blood test for something else, only found out about the low thyroid result in March. Upped the medication, but in October after another blood test found out that it was much worse than it had been earlier in the year.

Blood reading is ok now, but it will take some time I think to feel really back on track. I have never had such awful symptoms. Chronic joint pain, depression, extreme tiredness, total lethargy, always feeling cold, and the swelling of feet, ankles, legs and throughout my body was unbelievable, unable to wear shoes for months. The puffiness of that swelling has gone, and people are telling me I am looking well (despite all the weight I am carrying).

Just another hiccup along the way. I could have done without it, but you live and learn. I think the lack of motivation for anything was partly due to thyroid.

I will lose weight again, I just need to be fired up to start. I can't make that happen, it will come to me suddenly one day like it has many times in my life before.

I know the weight will be a challenge for the rest of my life. So many times in the past I have thought 'this is the last time I will do this', and then it hasn't been.

I am now on 200mcg thyroxine a day.
Back to top Go down
Delia

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   31/01/12, 01:40 pm

I

Losingit
Thank you for sharing your story.

I have had an underactive thyroid since I was 9 (53 years.)I was the youngest diagnosed in Qld at the time. It was very low and back in those days I had to drink 30mils of iodine a day. Yucky I can taste it in anything. Even the optifast I had trouble drinking as it tasted like pure iodine to me.

I know the problems you have as I have had it all my life. I have just gone through 2 weeks of no energy but today it has started to leave me. Usually it will only last 3 or 4 days. When this hits some days I do nothing all day or just mope around the garden. I hate it. The mind wants to do things but the body can't or won't. This is the longest it has lasted and this last week I was actually starting to feel depressed. That is the last thing I want to be.

What about the dry skin, scaly skin on the legs like a fish...lol, falling hair, shaking on the inside of the body but not on the outside. Do you have these symptoms as well?

I can go on and on but I am stable now like you. I take 150g of thyroxin a day. (Down from 200g)

It is not easy to keep the weight down. I have to think about it every day.
Delia

Last edited by Delia on 01/02/12, 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Losingit

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   31/01/12, 07:58 am

Somewhat heartening for me to know that other people who have been so dedicated and successful with banding, have not been able to maintain the momentum.

This is the reality that will face a lot of bandits down the track.

That will make me unpopular, but I'm not here for popularity, I speak the truth.

I certainly remember Jan, she did extremely well with banding too, I think she lost around 50kgs. And yes, thanks Jan, you are responsible for me doing Lemon Detox in the first place.

Last edited by Losingit on 31/01/12, 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Losingit

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   31/01/12, 07:55 am

Yes - I guess if I'd been able to lose weight when I was only 10kgs over my lowest, then I would have. Unfortunately I had an extremely low thyroid for 12 months, so low the doctor said he hadn't seen those readings before, even on patients who had had their thyroid removed and weren't taking any medication. Finally I am back to normal with the thyroid, but the weight remains. I gave up exercise as I was so tired (thanks thyroid), and suffered with severe pain due to over-exercise. The theory was it was going to be for a short time, until I felt better. Water under the bridge now, but I never felt better, I only felt increasingly worse.

I suppose in the early stages of banding (first two years) I put in extreme effort, just ask Linda or Zippy. I knew it was unsustainable, but I was determined to get the weight off. I had also hoped the band would prevent me from getting back to such a high weight again. As I've said before, banding is not for everyone, and it never did for me what I wanted from it. Hence I have come to the conclusion that there is only one way to lose weight, the tried and tested method, less food more movement.

I do know of a couple ladies in Tassie who lost 50 and 70 kgs respectively and their bands seem to restrict them in the way a band should. Mine never did.

I also know of many, many bandits who, once past the honeymoon period (18 months - 3 years), have regained most of their weight.

So much for the lady who used to spruik 'this is the last diet you will ever be on', talking about Optifast prior to banding. Wrong wrong wrong. If you want to keep the weight off, you will need to diet, unless you are one of the lucky ones for whom the band actually works, and restricts your volume.

If I sound jaded, I am. That's what can happen when you're a realist.
Back to top Go down
Delia

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   31/01/12, 06:24 am

I know a few that are long term bandits.
I am sure there are more but these come to mind.

These are friends or come to my lapband meeting.

Helen was banded in Sydney over 6 years ago in Sydney still trim taught and terrific and had no trouble at all.
Lyn banded over 13 years but last year had it out and was sleeved. She had some trouble in the start but now is down to her goal weight and looking great.
Bell is banded only 3 years. She had just had a baby and she only put on 9k so should be back to her weight.
Jo banded 3 years lost 50k.
Laura banded in the States years ago 45k off and still trim.
Lots of people I know have been banded for years and lost 30 to 40k and have kept it off. While they may not be slim they have kept their weight off and in the 80 to 90k range.

Three girls (from Melbourne) I met at the Gold Coast reunions about 31/2 years ago are still trim and from memory they each lost 40k. They had lost it before I met them so I guess they are banded over the 5 years.

In saying this I know and myself included have to watch very carefully not to put the weight back on. If you do YOU DIET AND GET IF OFF BEFORE YOU ARE 10K OVER. If you don’t you are back where you started. I feel it is still a battle and always will be as we are addicted to food for one reason or another. The band is only a tool for us to work with. We still have to eat a good diet.
Delia
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   31/01/12, 06:03 am

Yes I have the gold coast woman on facebook too LOL She has a bloke and lost quite a bit of weight, in fact made goal after being banded 5 years. She also gained about 10 kgs. She does a lot of dancing now and sounds really happy.

Jan was the lemon detox lady remember her?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Random Questions   

Back to top Go down

General Random Questions
Page 3 of 21Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next