HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

March 2011 Bandits

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Megz

PostSubject: It's getting quite close, isn't it?   09/01/11, 08:53 am

When I made the appointment last year, March seemed like forever away...now it's less than 12 weeks, and I know they'll just fly by!

Good on you, Steiny - you're doing fantastic!
Milk thistle is tops - I bought some for my partner who was complaining of liver pains and general ickyness after a few years of hard partying, and after initially refusing to have a bar of 'that herbal hippy crap', he eventually finished a bottle and admitted that not only had his liver pains gone, he'd lost weight!

I've also started a gentle workout routine, just to try and get a bit fitter for the op - my lovely other half bought me a cross trainer for my birthday, so I try to hit that 3-4 times a week. It's only been a couple of weeks, and I haven't dared weigh myself after Christmas, but I'm feeling a lot more energetic, so it is doing some good!
I've been told not to worry about the Optifast (to my intense delight - that stuff is HORRID) but I'm planning to go onto Tony Ferguson, just to get a bit of a head start....=)

I have to admit - I'm dreading the possibility of loose skin, but I'm hoping that starting good habits now will help avoid it. I'm devoting myself to good hydration, and boosting the zinc intake. Stocked up on the Palmer's cocoa butter, too, as all the ladies in my family swear by it for toning the skin and reducing stretch marks.

Vogette, you've no idea how happy you've made me with the feet comment - my heels are in a shocking state every summer, and I HATE them!

It's so nice to start a year knowing that you're going to do something awesome for yourself....go us!!! Cheer
Back to top Go down
Steiny

PostSubject: Re: March 2011 Bandits   09/01/11, 02:20 am

You're always welcome Beth. Not much happening here at the moment but l'm sure that'll change as we get into March and beyond.

l'm hoping my loose skin goes away slowly or else l'll be back under the knife next March 2012 to lose some of it. Luckily my surgeon does this too and only costs about $1000 out of pocket for the basic tummy tuck so it is an option if needed...

l found some liver cleansing tablets at the back of the medicine cabinet a couple of days ago - the herbal ones with milk thistle. Yesterday l lost 200grams but this may not be related :-)
Back to top Go down
Vogette
Admin

PostSubject: Re: March 2011 Bandits   07/01/11, 10:46 pm

I know what you are saying, Steiny. We would all like it to come off quicker, and I know when I first had the band I wanted it tight tight tight so I could barely eat. Yes the weight did drop off up to a point and then it slowed right down cos I was barely eating anything! I then had more and more sticks and reflux, so had to have all the fluid removed. I am just now getting back to where I was.

I always say the weight didn't come on overnight, so I can't expect it to go overnight, as much as I would like it to. I have also noticed, now that the loss has slowed, that my skin is recovering a little better...it was soooo incredibly saggy initially it was painful! Whilst it is still saggy (I am nearly 50 after all) it isn't as bad as before!

I know my joints esp my ankles and knees are feeling much much better since dropping 30 kg. I have also noticed the heels of my feet are soft and smooth...not cracked from all that extra weight on them. It just gets better and better!

Oooops, didn't mean to sabotage your March 2011 thread about me!!!!

Back to top Go down
Steiny

PostSubject: Re: March 2011 Bandits   07/01/11, 06:38 pm

Thanks Beth. l'd like to be losing weight faster, but l think we forget how much weight we've lost actually weighs. l bought a cheap barbel with 25kg of weights from Aldis after Christmas (marked down to $25!) and put it together yesterday. l have no problems doing some reps with it, but the thought a carrying it (and more) on a walk, let alone around with me all day is out of the question. Not sure how we did it before...
Back to top Go down
Vogette
Admin

PostSubject: Re: March 2011 Bandits   06/01/11, 09:20 pm

Steiny,

You have done brilliantly! You must already be feeling fantastic and your attitude is terrific! AND look how far you have come without the band. You will do very fine. I think you have the sheer determination, and that is the thing that will see you come through this.

You should be so proud of yourself!!!
Back to top Go down
Steiny

PostSubject: Re: March 2011 Bandits   06/01/11, 06:12 am

Hi Tanya and Megz! How is the wait going for the two of you. It's still 2 months away, so l'm trying to make it seem closer by telling myself it's only a month until l start opti. l want to lose 5 or 6 kg before opti starts, then another 8 or 9 kg during the 4 weeks of opti to get down to 120kg for the day of the operation. l'm sure it'll be closer to half this loss for a 126kg start but l'm still hopeful. l know it will be easier with the band, but l feel like l need to lose as much as possible before the band goes in to give myself the best possible chance of success. lt's either that or just pig out for 2 months then hope the band will do it all for me :-)

Hope you're both going well.

Cheers
Steiny
Back to top Go down
Steiny

PostSubject: Re: March 2011 Bandits   23/12/10, 10:21 pm

anewsharon wrote:
What is 24 hour fruit salad?
As far as l can tell it's fruit salad, cream and marshmellows. We usually have about 10 to 12 people in total each year and most people love it, but it's a little freaky for my taste :-0
Back to top Go down
anewsharon

PostSubject: Re: March 2011 Bandits   23/12/10, 09:30 am

Ah now I see. It sounds so good. What is 24 hour fruit salad?
Back to top Go down
Steiny

PostSubject: Re: March 2011 Bandits   23/12/10, 05:58 am

My wife is/was an American, and it's one of her favourite holidays so the 2 littleuns and l get a huge Thanksgiving spread with all the trimmings each year. Turkey with cranberry sauce , Coconut cream pie, Apple pie Alamode, Pumpkin pie, 24 hour fruit salad... :-)
Back to top Go down
anewsharon

PostSubject: Re: March 2011 Bandits   23/12/10, 04:17 am

Steiny are you American? Or are you an Aussie celebraing Thanksgiving?
Back to top Go down
Steiny

PostSubject: Re: March 2011 Bandits   23/12/10, 01:54 am

It's life Jim wrote:
Hey Steiny, something tells me you are going to power along.

l hope you're right. The last 10kg have taken about 15 weeks to come off so the weight loss has slowed down a lot for me without the band. l guess there was a 3 week holiday, Thanksgiving dinner and a few Christmas parties in there to slow me down, but l was hoping for the earlier 1.5kg per week to continue for a bit longer :-)

Have a great Christmas,

Steiny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: March 2011 Bandits   19/12/10, 02:41 am

Hey Steiny, something tells me you are going to power along. You have already lost over 40kg without banding!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: March 2011 Bandits   19/12/10, 02:32 am

Hi Megz and Steiny, I got my date on Friday as well and it's March first. Tick tock tick tock....

The surgeon never mentioned opti fast or any pre op diet. I see the dietician sometime in the 2 weeks leading up to the op so maybe she will give me advice on that.

I am 104.5 kilos and don't I know it. Still, I am very optimistic about everything and think this is one of the best and most important decisions I have ever made. Apparently my normal weight is 70kg so that's 35 kilos in a year which is less than 1 kg a week. Very happy indeed.

I look forward to taking the journey with the both of you !

Last edited by It's life Jim on 19/12/10, 02:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Steiny

PostSubject: Re: March 2011 Bandits   17/12/10, 07:22 pm

It's life Jim wrote:
Hey Steiny, I have the same insurance timeline so I'm with you all the way :)!
Tanya.

Great minds think alike :-)

l got my surgery date yesterday - l'm going to be banded on March 7th! I was originally told l'd be on 4 weeks of Opti, but they've dropped it to 2 weeks seeing as l've lost some weight over the past 9 months since seeing them last. Compared to 4 weeks, 2 on Opti should be a snap. Right?

Cheers
Steiny
Back to top Go down
noahdabear

PostSubject: Re: March 2011 Bandits   15/12/10, 09:41 am

hey Megz you wont look back i promise !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: March 2011 Bandits   15/12/10, 06:48 am

Hey Steiny, I have the same insurance timeline so I'm with you all the way :)!
Tanya.
Back to top Go down
Steiny

PostSubject: Re: March 2011 Bandits   14/12/10, 04:24 am

Welcome aboard Megz. Unlike going it alone, the odds are with you losing 60 to 70% of your excess weight if you get the band put in. l think you made the right decision :-)

Cheers
Steiny
Back to top Go down
Megz

PostSubject: Me Too!   08/12/10, 05:10 pm

Hi Steiny,

I'll keep you company - I'm booked in for the op with Dr. Dolan for the 24th of March, can't wait!

I'm going public, so still a little surprised it's happening so soon, thought I'd have more time to get used to the idea. =p
But I'm very sure that this is the right thing to do, so I'm not too stressed. Yet.... Learning
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: March 2011 Bandits   04/12/10, 07:14 am

Hi Steiny,
Once again, welcome and thanks for joining in!
I look forward to getting to know you and watch on your journey!
Hayley
Back to top Go down
http://www.aussielapbandtalk.com
Steiny

PostSubject: March 2011 Bandits   03/12/10, 11:06 pm

Hi,

My insurance kicks in Feb 28 2011, so l'll be getting lap bandedin March 2011. Hopefully March 7th.
I've seen Mr Chan in Traralgon to get the ball rolling, and thenextstep is to see his dietician mid December. It's at thatappointmentthat l'll get the surgery date.
Hopefully some others will join me here and we can encourage andmotivate each other along the way.
Cheers
Steiny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: March 2011 Bandits   

Back to top Go down

March 2011 Bandits
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4