HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

February 2010 Bandits

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
minimetobe

minimetobe

February 2010 Bandits Empty
PostSubject: Re: February 2010 Bandits   February 2010 Bandits Empty11/02/11, 11:40 pm

Thanks Trace, it all makes sense when you are thinking straight.
You will do so well, being so prepared and already losing 11kg, fantastic! It is all so exciting in the begining. I just need to refocus and start thinking about ME again.
Good luck with the mushies, I found that part ok , there are a lot of recipes out there if you are stuck for variety.
Back to top Go down
Tralee (Trace)

Tralee (Trace)

PostSubject: Re: February 2010 Bandits   February 2010 Bandits Empty10/02/11, 09:16 pm

Minimetobe you will be fine I researched for nearly ten months before my surgery and got it in my head that I was going to take 18 months to two years to lose this weight I wanted to be great for my 50th and that's 4 years away. Every other diet I have done has been a quick loss one where the kilos came off fast and this is what I did every time as to why I had to get my head right and know this will take a while once your head is in the right place your body will follow. I'm not saying I won't go off the rails and I am not perfect but I am going to give it my all :)
Back to top Go down
minimetobe

minimetobe

PostSubject: Re: February 2010 Bandits   February 2010 Bandits Empty10/02/11, 12:33 pm

Thanks for the encouragement NewBeginings, it means a lot. Sometimes I feel that everyone else is doing so well. But I too am very happy about my band. Last year at this time I was about to be banded and found it hard to do much walking without puffing. Going upstairs was difficult and I was struggling to do up my size 20/22 pants. I am now fitting loosly into size 16 pants. I can also go for walks and enjoy it, but must make more of an effort to do this every day! So, yes I am happy with my band, just impatient, and not quite strict enough with myself I think, but I am feeling pretty good about myself at the moment. So thank you Tanya & Trace also for your encouragement, it does help.
Back to top Go down
NewBeginning

NewBeginning

PostSubject: Re: February 2010 Bandits   February 2010 Bandits Empty06/02/11, 10:36 am

Hi Minime and all,

Minime you are not alone. You will find you have both good days and bad days. IT IS NORMAL. Dont give up. I too struggle from day to day but I do not regret having the gastric band. The Lite n Easy takes the headache out of preparing the meals for me however last week was not my finest hour. The week started well until Tuesday when everything I ate and drank was promptly brought back up. This continued for three days. Saw my lap band doctor on Friday who said I had too much fill. I had 6.5 mls in my band so he removed 1.5 mls which brings me back to 5mls. I dont have that much restriction now but Im not that concern cos I am off to Bali on Tuesday for 11 days to chill out February 2010 Bandits 253309 . I am due to see the doctor again in early March so could possibly have more fills.

Minime take each day as it comes. The weight will come off slowly but at least it will stay off in the long run. It is not a race. My weight loss is slow but I go to the gym quite often so I think I am building muscle which weighs more than fat.

We are all behind you Minime including me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: February 2010 Bandits   February 2010 Bandits Empty01/02/11, 02:06 am

Minime,
If it starts to get an echo going in here while newbeginning is off doing other things, drop into one of the other 'threads by the month' as well. No doubt they will give you a big lapbandy group hug when you get there and tell you they've had the same problems / solutions. I am not banded so I don't have much to offer- but come March 1st, I'll have my hat in the ring and I'll visit you here. Then we can talk cheese and biscuits ( and lettuce!) like professionals...well, once I am over the broth and mush.
Coffee!
Back to top Go down
Tralee (Trace)

Tralee (Trace)

PostSubject: Re: February 2010 Bandits   February 2010 Bandits Empty01/02/11, 01:23 am

You have lots of hope you are here you are trying your hardest and just add a smile when you wake up in the morning and it makes a huge difference. When I walk down the street I make people smile at me lol. I don't have problems at night never have but 3.30 onwards really have to keep busy :)
Back to top Go down
minimetobe

minimetobe

PostSubject: Re: February 2010 Bandits   February 2010 Bandits Empty01/02/11, 01:16 am

Hi just wondering if any Feb 2010 people are still out there? Maybe it is just me struggling on. Every day I think I'm doing pretty good then evening comes and the bikkies & cheese appear. Then dinner, then I'm back wondering what to have with my cuppa about 10p.m. Is there any hope for me??
Judy
Back to top Go down
minimetobe

minimetobe

PostSubject: Re: February 2010 Bandits   February 2010 Bandits Empty12/01/11, 07:03 am

Hi New Beginnings. How is the Light'n'easy. Does it taste ok? Sounds like it is working well if you have already lost 2kg. That's great.
I went back to Dr today and actually lost .6 which wasn't too bad considering I was not eating properly the last ten days or so. He added another .5ml and said that I am almost there fill wise . My next appointment is in six weeks. So I have had a cup of soup, and an Up & Go today so far.
Nice to hear from you.
Back to top Go down
NewBeginning

NewBeginning

PostSubject: Re: February 2010 Bandits   February 2010 Bandits Empty12/01/11, 02:14 am

Hi Minimetobe,

Sorry for the long delay in replying to you. I have been a tad busy Happy new year to you. So good to hear you are getting back on track with the healthy eating & lifestyle. I had a good Christmas and new year only because I did not put on any weight. I decided to try the Lite n Easy eating program to see how I can teach myself portion control. Since the beginning of the year I have lost 2kgs. I initially started the program on 1500 calories due to my fitness level activity for the week. The 1500 calorie intake a day was way too much food for me to eat, so decided to reduce my intake to 1200 calories which seems to suite me much better. I wonder If anyone else have tried Lite n Easy?

I am now on my way out to do some retail therapy. God bless Minimetobe and all February 2010 LapBanders (If they exist)
Back to top Go down
minimetobe

minimetobe

PostSubject: Re: February 2010 Bandits   February 2010 Bandits Empty10/01/11, 05:45 am

Hi , just starting to get back on track from the last week of weird eating. The strange thing is I had lost about 2kg since seeing the Dr early December and in the last week have put it back on. Now about the same weight. Damn it! Today I have been very careful and feel better for it. Sugary foods make me really tired. How are you going New Beginning, or anyone who wants a chat?
Back to top Go down
minimetobe

minimetobe

PostSubject: Re: February 2010 Bandits   February 2010 Bandits Empty28/12/10, 12:19 pm

Hi NewBeginning Christmas was a bit of a wipe out for my husband and I as we ended up with either food poisoning or gastro, not nice. All better now, still recovering energywise though. However yesterday the kids and partners and grandkids came over for presents and afternoon tea. That was fun and spoke also to our interstate son and family on skype, I miss them a lot, this is their first Christmas away from home.

How are you going with all the Christmas food and drink. Because of the mystery illness I'm ok, but apetite has returned today, so I just sampled the Christmas cake, pretty good. I must be strong now. Don't want to stuff it up.

Great to have someone to chat to. February 2010 Bandits 609653
Back to top Go down
NewBeginning

NewBeginning

PostSubject: Re: February 2010 Bandits   February 2010 Bandits Empty28/12/10, 08:59 am

It is so good to meet another fellow February 2010 Lap Bander. Greetings Minimetobe & welcome. I hope everyone had a good Christmas. I'm looking forward to the New Year with hope & dreams. Happy New Year All.

God Bless
Back to top Go down
minimetobe

minimetobe

PostSubject: Re: February 2010 Bandits   February 2010 Bandits Empty24/12/10, 10:21 am

Hi, I was baned on 17th Feb this year and have lost about 14kg. I have only just started feeling restriction in the last month, so I have been feeling pretty frustrated this year that I seemed to be able to eat just about anything. In the last week I have been having little bits of the chissy food I have been making which I am sure will show up , not game to get on the scales at the moment. We are having the family over next Thursday (about 30 altogether), so when that is over I hopefully can get back to normal. Happy Christmas New Beginning and any other Feb bandits reading this.
Back to top Go down
NewBeginning

NewBeginning

PostSubject: Re: February 2010 Bandits   February 2010 Bandits Empty15/12/10, 02:25 pm

Thank You Vogette for starting this thread for me February 2010 Bandits 253309 .

I was banded on 25th February 2010. One of the best things I have done for this year. Exercise is no longer a chore for me to do, I incorporate it into my day which I enjoy. I have lost 12kgs to date which is not much but I feel good about myself. I have dropped 2 dress sizes so far, feel stronger in myself, and getting toned up.
Back to top Go down
Vogette
Admin
Vogette

PostSubject: February 2010 Bandits   February 2010 Bandits Empty15/12/10, 07:15 am

Started for 'New Beginning"

Last edited by Vogette on 24/12/10, 06:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: February 2010 Bandits   February 2010 Bandits Empty

Back to top Go down

February 2010 Bandits
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Welcome to the site! :: Bandits By the Month-
Jump to: