Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   12/12/10, 10:01 pm

hee heee... you sooooo strong linda pinda... you so strong
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   12/12/10, 09:58 pm

LOL stop it I will not click on the link!
Back to top Go down
zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   12/12/10, 09:55 pm

I have no will power even with the not buying of the stuff...

On a more eeeevil note... I am off to the big smoke to do some christmas shopping toorrow, however I will break it down for you girls cos I trust you with my naawdiness.

The only... the one and only reason I am choosing this particular shopping centre in the city is because they have a max brenners chocolate shop.

Now if you havent ever been to one here is the link to the menu

http://www.maxbrenner.com.au/menu/menu.pdf

Now ladies read slowly...devour the words and close your eyes and imagine the bounty...then picture me head down and toes up in most of it.

Christmas shopping baaaaaaah yeah right .. I be getting me some of that brown good stuff!
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   12/12/10, 09:16 pm

If they are in the house there is no willpower. I absolutely love them. I did buy 2 packs of 6 but put them in a goodies box at the bridge club for a food hamper for 3ba christmas appeal.
Back to top Go down
Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   12/12/10, 08:32 pm

Linda - for the same reason that they mess with hot cross buns: because they can! Ridiculous. I know I always get agitated when I see 'fruitless' hot cross buns, or choc flavoured ones. Seriously, hot cross buns HAVE fruit, that's the whole point. If you don't like it, then don't buy them.

You've obviously got more willpower than me (avoiding the purchase of fruit mince pies). Good on you.

Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   12/12/10, 08:26 pm

Fruit mince pies are my downfall too. I am proud to say that I have not purchased any nor will I be. I have enough extra weight to lose without adding to it. I didn't know you could get chocolate topped ones. Why do they mess with things?
Back to top Go down
Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   12/12/10, 08:14 pm

I hesitate to point this out, but what is the common thread between fruit cake and fruit mince pies? Yep - it's fruit. In my books, fruit is good for us, therefore we are eating healthy food.

So next time you think you should feel guilty about eating a fruit mince pie or a piece of fruit cake, just remember that fruit provides you with energy and fibre. No reason to feel guilty about that! (Okay, so we won't mention the small amount of fat and carbohydrate that are either a part of, or added to, these little morsels of enjoyment. No point spoiling the fun).

Back to top Go down
zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   12/12/10, 06:30 pm

oh and yes I was wandering the hallowed aisles of woolworths the other day... pausing thoughtfully over the various christmas food treats, when my eyes fell apon the vision of chocolate topped fruit mince pies.

was " eating too much"...baaa haaa haaa haaa

*sigh* I really am bad you know... I mean I have to keep filing the horns on my head down
Back to top Go down
zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   12/12/10, 06:19 pm

Loosinit you are doing well...
Back to top Go down
Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   12/12/10, 11:12 am

Aaaahhhh - well actually, no sugar crystals on these ones, nor are they chocolate topped. Gee - I didn't even know you could get chocolate topped ones, now there's a trap - I'll be looking out for them now, and of course I'll just have to try them, you know, for comparison's sake!

I did however, manage to eat them just as they were. Nice cup of tea to help wash them down too. No cream, no icecream, no custard . . . . in that case, I'm really doing quite well.
Back to top Go down
zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   12/12/10, 10:04 am

OMG.... were they the ones with the crunchy sugar crystals on top of the pastry...ooooooooooooor were they the chocolate topped ones... I will have half a dozen of each thanks, a good dollop of custard and just for good measure whack on mountain of double cream on the side.
Back to top Go down
Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   12/12/10, 08:27 am

I can report good news and bad news. The good news is, I did walk both yesterday and today. The bad news will be presented as a question: How many mince pies in a day would you consider TOO many mince pies for a bandit? Don't answer, because the number is sure to be higher than you first thought!

Oh deary me. The thing is, I don't ever remember having them as a child. May have heard of them, but they were never in our household. I seem to have only really discovered them in the last few years, and I think I must be making up for all those years that I was . . . . . . . deprived (or is that depraved?).

Back to top Go down
zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   11/12/10, 08:19 am

aaaah yes dooner therapy... where one can hide from the world.

Christmas is a difficult time loosinit, it reminds us of those we have lost... of times that were better... of the passing of time and even the futility of time.

this will pass loosinit, meanwhile chocolate is that shining flashlight in the dark of a miserable day
Back to top Go down
Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   11/12/10, 03:28 am

I'm just a lost cause. Didn't even bother doing my usual weekly weigh-in yesterday, first time in . . . . . . . probably since I was banded. Have missed a walk about 3 days this week, and haven't been yet today, though there is still time before darkness falls. I know from previous experience, once I go as far as giving up on the exercise, all hope is abandoned and I slide into former bad habits and the weight piles back on.

Wonder what the Guinness book of records says about amount of chocolate/chocolate covered products consumed in a 24hr period . . . . . . or week.

I can't figure out whether the despondency I feel is due to the giving up on weight/exercise/diet, or whether that giving up is as a result of the general despondency I feel about everything else (ie. life is futile).

I'm such a happy little vegemite at the moment. Where's my bed? I can hide from the world there. Problem is, when I wake, it's all still too real.
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   11/12/10, 02:11 am

foot is ready for losingit if she needs it!
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   11/12/10, 02:10 am

fingers are crossed
Back to top Go down
zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   11/12/10, 02:08 am

How is everyone today...

Well I am trying to use psychology on myself... I thunked this out reeeeal big and I thought. I am going to keep eating the christmas cake ...cos thats what I does.... so instead of going to the cake and cutting off a hunk and buttering it a couple times a day... cut one slice, butter it, then cut it into little cubes and have one of the little cubes a couple times a day.

So far so good and it is quenching my cravings for the rummy fruit delight.... I have been nibbleing at the little cubes and have had 2 of them.

By now I would have had 2 large chunks with sliced butter on top....

fingers crossed I wont work out my twickery

Last edited by zippy on 11/12/10, 02:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   10/12/10, 05:29 am

Being able to keep yourself in maintenance is a major achievement in my books. I am struggling badly at the moment. I go from one extreme to the other, there just doesn't seem to be any middle ground with me.

I have all but given up on everything. I am on a major downer . . . . . . . thought I was starting to come out of it, but everything just looks so bleak at the moment. I have no incentive for anything. Just want out of life for a few months.

My cheery thought process in the lead-up to Christmas. I'm such a joy to be around at the moment.

Back to top Go down
zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   10/12/10, 03:30 am

well I caved and had lunch... 2 slices of devon buttered with mayo and a slice of tomato on top with cracked pepper and salt.... I have to say it was blardy good.

I go in and out of my saint like stages ... at the moment I am on the cusp of a doosy. I do balance my naughtyness most of the time. If I bust out then I will cut back after it. So far it has kept me in maintanance.

Of course it does nothing to help me lose that final 2 kilos I want to budge... but there is a great deal of truth to the rumour that the last five kilos is the hardest. It is all tooo easy to convince ones self that they are close enough to be slack.

Naturally this time of year does nothing to wire the jaws shut. I am an emotional scarfer and at the moment I am in Christmas eating mode... I am celebrating the season with my teefs....
Back to top Go down
Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   10/12/10, 02:04 am

Well, I can't quite remember everything that was offered, but the ribbon sandwiches (ok, club sandwiches, depending on which university you went to) have all been pretty good. Sausage rolls, party pies ..... BIG mistake that I missed out on the spring rolls, various dips (not much interest there) . . . . honey biscuits, banana cake, carrot cake, choc biscuits (they were obviously bought), um . . . . ginger slice, caramel slice, choc cake, brownies, fruit cake, shortbreads, mince pies, too much to remember. I didn't try all of those things, but the eyes were busy scanning I can tell you. So much food, so little time. I would happily have sat down for quite a while, and just tried everything on offer. Maybe it's a good thing I didn't.

As for your dinner, dunno . . . . . I don't have many ideas in that department. Fairly boring with my choice of things. Always TRYING to do the right thing. Don't know why I bother. If I'm on a bender, then I'm likely to follow up with a load of rubbish anyway. If I'm not, then whatever I have usually keeps me happy.
Back to top Go down
zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   10/12/10, 01:25 am

Dammit thats where I am going wrong... all i need to do is increase from a half inch of cheese like slice of butter to a full inch... so simple and yet it escaped me.... see this is why I need this thread, to keep me on track and outa trouble.

Sooooo loosinit what kind of yummies you been getting at the shin digs.

I luuuuuuuuuuurve homemade slices particularly those not made by my own hands. I am renound to whip quickly round the table loading up my plate with one of each then finding a chair near a bin and doing the one bite and in the bin thing.

Seeing as I am skipping lunch....and its Friday night which deems no cooking by me... what you think I should endulge in...make it good, this fruit cake is about to go down then I will be hungry again.
Back to top Go down
Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   10/12/10, 01:02 am

Well I think you just didn't have enough butter on it! More butter, more slippery, more likely to go down. hehehe
Back to top Go down
zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   10/12/10, 12:54 am

Just thought I would let yaaawl know.... I just had a slice of buttered fruit cake... I am currently drinking tea to wash it down but it is swimming on top of it.... might give lunch a miss and count the cake as my lunch

On the up side I did go for a walk...yay me!
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   09/12/10, 08:27 pm

Tis a very good thing or you would have no friends left

Back to top Go down
Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   09/12/10, 11:38 am

Probably the same reason that I try to eat sandwiches (made with white bread) - because they are there in front of me, I rarely eat them, see them as a bit of a treat, and then . . . . . . . To be honest, I wouldn't choose to eat white bread, and I rarely eat sandwiches, but have gone even further off the rails this week, with 2 funerals and the subsequent delights of a large spread of home-made goodies in front of me. Now, had I chewed that sandwich properly today it probably would have gone down without issue, but it stuck there for a while, and eventually went down. I might add, while waiting for that to happen, I had a sausage roll in hand ready to poke down the hole as well. Oh, and the slices . . . . . . . . cakes . . . . . . I'm just hopeless when there are tables laden with a delicious variety of home-made treats.

Good thing I don't go to funerals every week!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   

Back to top Go down

2008 Junies and Friends
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next