HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

2008 Junies and Friends

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   08/02/12, 11:17 pm

Save me some tim tams! Nah, better not - I'll bring my own carton. No point in sharing a packet.

You're welcome here anytime, Zippy. You have more experience as a bandit than many on this site, so don't go thinking you don't belong. Ok, so you don't have it any longer, but you know the ropes better than a lot.

Don't know what I'd do in your situation. In fact, don't know what to do in mine. While my band doesn't cause me any real trouble, apart from when I occasionally don't chew well or shovel too quickly, I wouldn't be going for another if I had to have this one out. Don't think it would stress me too much if I had to get it removed. Goodness knows, it hasn't really done much for me. I personally would be very reluctant to go for any further WLS, but that's just me.

I can see the value of the sleeve, but I'm sure it too has a few drawbacks. Doesn't everything? Or maybe that's my negative outlook. "Negative" to others, realistic to me.

I can't motivate myself to get into weight loss mode again. It just all seems like too much work, and I don't know that the benefits are worth it. Sure, I could buy clothes a bit easier when I was slimmer, and anything physical wasn't such a chore. However, the exercise needed to get me to such a state, and keep me there, is what puts me off. I had loose skin to boot, and the fact is I would never have spent all the money it required to have multiple plastic surgeries to get rid of it. Soooooo - I just put the weight back on and filled out the skin! Not exactly, but you get my drift.

Aaaaah - when does it all end? Actually, I don't think it does. I think for me it's just a matter of trying to see what I can feasibly maintain without going overboard one way or the other. Much easier said than done.

Should have been born with skinny genes.
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   08/02/12, 11:12 pm

Nah it is all good. You do the research and if we need it it is already done. I just can't imagine life with no band. I know what it was like with only half the fill and it wasn't pretty. I know you are doing it tough and we are here to support you. Whinge away. We are used to it!
Back to top Go down
zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   08/02/12, 10:52 pm

well speaking of Jaded I am off to see the wizard on monday to see what we can do about this lack of band, dont want another one but am sick of gaining weight even though Im trying not too thing I have going here.

Thinking maybe the sleeve...thinking maybe not...but then thinking maybe yes.... today its yes..yesterday it was narda... perhaps my weigh in this morning has something to do with my mind shift.

*sigh* been talking to a lot of band to sleeve converts...the yanks are big on it... having convos with anyone 3 years plus to find out the down low...so far its posative... a few regains of 3 kilos here and there ( better than I had with the band at the end I can tell you). Side effects are minimal compared to LB or so they are schpeeling me.

Still I am still in the buyer beware mode after my last WLS purchase and will be doing some hard core researching before Monday ... poor basket wont know what has hit him when I toddle through his doors let me tell you.

I have a massive list of questions and am prepared to attatch his nipples to car battery jumper leads and give him a buzz to get him to answer me straight.

Let me know when you have had enough of my post band grumbling... I know this is a band site and is supposed to be band supportive but you girls are my cyber family.

My real family will support me no matter what but at the end of the day they dont understand the inner head spin that goes on with these things...nor do they truely understand living with the decision, good or bad after wards ...so I turn to you.

Still if my mumbling is cheesing you off or putting dark thoughts in your head about your band tell me to fark off and shut my mouth and I will go fill it with tim tams and white bread...
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   05/02/12, 06:53 am

OMG the pork schnitzels were awful. I thought they would be so tender and they were tough. The sauce using light evaporated milk was horrible. Alan doesn't like pork anyway and he was up all night with the runs. It went through me this morning too. I think it was the sauce. The miracle noodles were horrible with it too. I only used half a can too. Feeling a bit jaded today.
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   03/02/12, 10:57 pm

You just have to watch the low fat dairy that it doesn't have any added sugar. I haven't bought any cheeses of any sort. I am not really into cottage cheese so haven't looked up the fat and sugar count. I did buy some low fat bacon 97% but you have to be careful with the salt making you retain fluid.

Off for my walk. Happy to answer any questions you have. I have ordered his new book and a cookbook but they don't get here until 13 Feb.
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   03/02/12, 10:53 pm

Yes it says no fat in the book but one website (not his) says differently.

http://mydukandiet.com/dieting/attack-phase.html

I think it can be suited to your tastes. Delia made scotch eggs yesterday. There are some good sites and recipes. Tonight I am trying out pork schnitzels in a sauce with miracle noodles. I am using light skim milk tin for the sauce. Going to add spring onions and mushrooms and snow peas to it. I think you can just experiment to suit yourself. The pure protein days are no brainers. I like the fact that you don't have to exercise your arse off. I am very happy with 30 mins walk though I usually do 40 mins and I haven't included my big hill yet.

Come and join us Losingit. You have nothing to lose LOL Well a bit maybe.
Back to top Go down
Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   03/02/12, 10:31 pm

Maybe I should try Dukan. Some of the things people are posting I just wouldn't/couldn't eat. I guess there's plenty of stuff you CAN eat, just a matter of using some imagination.

Linda your tastes are quite different from mine. I can't stand cold eggs and I don't like caviar. Probably more inclined to go for some standard protein like poached eggs, chicken, cottage cheese or ricotta (love ricotta, but I guess I'd have to choose the low fat variety).

I notice you have mentioned no fat. I read on a website about Dukan that it is to be reduced fat (under 5%), which leaves it pretty open. Wondering if you got the no fat suggestion from the book, or have you read it elsewhere?

I just can't really be bothered having to learn a whole new set of stuff. Need to do something, and I know once I start I'll probably get into the swing of it. Not very motivated for anything at the moment.
Back to top Go down
zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   02/02/12, 10:42 pm

So its clear you animals are out devistating the community rather than posting in here.... tisk tisk tisk
Back to top Go down
Delia

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   20/01/12, 10:17 am

I had them with Prawns as well.

I finely chopped a heaps of herbs with garlic ginger and lemon and fried in
bran oil

Added some fine diced carrot and celery

Added some crystallized onion (I had make up yesterday)

Added 6 prawns soy and fish sauce with a bit of diced cucumber.

The stirred through the noodles

It was really tasty

The noodles took on the taste of the other foods.
Back to top Go down
http://deliahereiam.blogspot.com/
Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   20/01/12, 08:52 am

Just had them for dinner. I made fat and carb free kway teow with prawns. YUM
Back to top Go down
Delia

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   20/01/12, 08:19 am

Thanks Linda they answered and said someone would ring tomorrow. I hope so. I really wanted the extra packets to take to the lapband meeting tomorrow.
Delia
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   20/01/12, 05:54 am

I got mine today too. Having some for dinner. Go to their facebook they always answer on there.

https://www.facebook.com/MiracleNoodle
Back to top Go down
Delia

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   20/01/12, 05:36 am

I am so mad I just got my noodle order and I ordered and paid for 20 and only got 10
I have tried to ring the number on the bottom of the email they sent and it is not valid then tried the number on the order slip and I had to leave a message and so far no one has rang back. I also tired to send an email and it was returned.
What is going on with this company????
I am about to go to their site and see if I can get any info. there.
Delia
Back to top Go down
Delia

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   15/01/12, 04:13 am

I just ordered the angel hair can't wait for it to come.
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   15/01/12, 03:38 am

only has angel hair, fettuccine and rice from aust.
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   15/01/12, 03:37 am

No it is from Melb.
Back to top Go down
Delia

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   15/01/12, 03:34 am

So you ordered from the States?
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   15/01/12, 03:31 am

http://www.miraclenoodle.com/default.aspx

I would have loved to try the sample pack but it is not available in aust. I think the fettucine was also out of stock so by default I got the angel hair.
Back to top Go down
Delia

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   15/01/12, 03:02 am

Where did you order them from Linda. I have been going to do it for months.
Delia
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   14/01/12, 11:29 pm

I have ordered the angel hair pasta. Coupon code 210 gives a 10% discount. Not much really LOL Looking forward to a bit more variety. Zips how did you do it to fit in with dukan?
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   14/01/12, 10:51 pm

I think I will try the miracle noodles. Zips did you have the angel hair pasta? I can't find the discount code I got for liking them on facebook. Does anyone remember it? I know I posted it here but when I search it doesn't come up.
Back to top Go down
zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   14/01/12, 10:22 am

spank you linda
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   13/01/12, 04:53 am

I have started a dukan recipes thread in the recipe section.
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   13/01/12, 01:43 am

Back to top Go down
zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   13/01/12, 01:08 am

I am having trouble with our internet connection...sux to live in a rural setting if you want to be one of the technilogically advantaged...

weight is still ok... still following dukan though really cant stomach the dairy, I try but not getting there it makes me feel squarmy so I avoid it except for my tea... the oat bran is also an issue and I keep forgetting to get my quota but all in all I have lost 3 kilo so cant complain
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   

Back to top Go down

2008 Junies and Friends
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next