HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

2008 Junies and Friends

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   17/02/12, 08:21 pm

Spanks... feelling a little better today. Peed like a fountain all night and my knees are aching so I must be starting the detox. I got some of sandra cabots liver shots to take to try and reverse some of my evilness and the damage done by my nightly tipple on the back veranda... I feel my liver being wrung out as we speak.

I am already feeling the headache rise but so far not chewing the paint work of the wall hungry ( which I usually am by now and wanting white toast and plenty of it)

We shall see. Part of detox is a foul mood and depression ( wont change much for me) though I started taking some "D" vitamins last week to see if it would help with my constant feeling of sadness and perhaps mind over matter I can feel it lift a bit in the last couple of days.

So moving forward I guess. I made some opti legal veg soup last night and boiled some eggs. I used them in the early stage as snacks if I got hungry last time so will do the same again to get me through. by the Time I get to the pure optispew stage of 2 weeks I will be hunger free ... I hope.

On another note.... Opti has a new flavour....banana. Havent tried it because Im using that whey protien drink that cuddles used to endorse ( thought I would use it up now) but I bought some for later
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   17/02/12, 10:54 am

It is the first day. Of course you are doubting it. When you have the sleeve you aren't going to be deprived of food. You can eat whatever you like only to feel full on a little. You did 12 weeks before. That was a huge effort. Stay strong. I know you can do it.
Back to top Go down
zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   17/02/12, 08:45 am

my first day of doing opti. I did it for about 12 weeks prior to my band by choice (doc only wanted two weeks but I decided to kick start it early) It worked well for me with the band and I was well prepared for the diet after banding so thought I would do the same again.

I have to tell you Im doing it tough. This time I am a band survivor... I have done with out for nearly 4 years and food is not easy to give up when you have just got it back again... sounds odd but imagine being in prison for 4 years ....getting let out for 3 months then volenteering to go back in again..yeah it feels weird.

Anyway it has made me doubt my decision as to if I can go back to deprivation again and the thought is making me sick. I actually asked myself if being fat was that bad today.

Perhaps tomorrow it will be better but I think the worst part is I know on some level what Im in for pre and post sleeve because the diets are similar then I move on to small intake of food again.

I will miss my bundy and coke on a friday and sat night with my hubby and the little treat morning teas that have slipped in... but I guess the weightloss will be worth it and I will get used to it again. Its just a matter of me getting my head in the right space.
Back to top Go down
Delia

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   16/02/12, 10:46 am

Boo back to you.
Back to top Go down
http://deliahereiam.blogspot.com/
zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   16/02/12, 07:01 am

Yar its berry quiet
Back to top Go down
Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   16/02/12, 06:05 am

Boo!
Back to top Go down
Delia

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   14/02/12, 11:01 pm

Linda unless you have a mid band I think it would be stitched in.
As far as I know it is the only one that is not stitched in.
Delia
Back to top Go down
http://deliahereiam.blogspot.com/
zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   14/02/12, 10:17 pm

Linda if your band is working at peak and giving you no troubles it doesnt matter anyway. I imagine yours would have been stitched in these ladies were in the post 5 year mark and 2 at 10 years. They all suffered weight regain but till had restriction etc.

Its a tough call and as I said if my band had been working with no ill side effects I would have left it there. I am just doing what I have to do but have been seriously shocked at the amount of people revising from the 2 year mark due to problems or just no problems and were just suffering regain ( which seems to happen across the board to most anyway)

Please remember I am talking to troubled bandits like myself...jaded perhaps but troubled none the less and has no reflection on bandits who are happy and have no issues with their band.

Last edited by zippy on 14/02/12, 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   14/02/12, 09:08 pm

Good on you zipps. I bet you feel relieved having made the decision. We will back you all the way. Gee now you have me thinking is my band stitched in? I don't think it is. It was never discussed. I have had it for 5 years 2 1/2 months.
Back to top Go down
zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   14/02/12, 11:17 am

thank you loosin it, I cant tell you how hard all this has been. And I never ever thought I would have to make this decision. In my mind for the first 2 years of banding this was it.

Things change I suppose and I am totally lost and throwing my arms open at this stage. I stand in front of the mirror as I struggle to do up my pants and fuss with my hair a little more than I should as if it will distract from my increasing girth.

tis what it tis I suppose aint it
Back to top Go down
Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   14/02/12, 11:10 am

Zippy I don't think anyone wants to have to make that sort of decision. Can you remember the early days of banding when we threw the question around about how we would cope when we were in the nursing home? Our minds stretched that far and I'm pretty sure I thought my options for diet would be soup, soup and more soup. I just can't see that if one 'loses one's marbles' one would still be able to remember to chew chew chew. That's where I think the sleeve would be the best option.

Of course there are risks with everything, that goes without saying. It does seem that if you can get through the first few weeks without issue after the sleeve, the long term prospects are much better than those with a band.

I don't envy you the decision, but only you know what is best for you. If you are having trouble keeping your weight down, then it seems that further surgery may be your best bet.

It would be great not to have the inconveniences of the band. I suspect in years to come the band will be tossed aside as 'a good idea at the time, but the long-term performance just doesn't warrant the initial expense and the ongoing maintenance'.

Your surgeon is experienced and knowledgeable, and all any of us can do is our research, and take the best medical advice we can get. You know you will be in good hands, so that narrows the decision.
Back to top Go down
zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   14/02/12, 10:18 am

I have not discussed price yet but assume its the same as it was to do the band... guess I will find out on the 18th.

The longevity of the band is his opinion... I would imagine with the research he reads he does know but I will admit to having spoken to one or two bandits switching to the sleeve after 10 years...however they stated their docs said they got so long because they had the early bands that werent stitched in.

Dont know what difference that makes but its just the reason they gave for it having lasted out the 10 years ( they also stated it was abject misery to live with that long and wished they had changed earlier for quality of life). My doc stated that research now suggests that the current bands are lasting approx 5 years before being hoiked out.. I would presume some of those are not due to mechanical failure but instead to the owner being sick of pbing etc...

Whats the truth... who knows... we take what we are spoon fed. Either way my doc was looking at another slice at the pie...which slice it was was up to me... he pushed neither but layed facts on the table... facts I had already well read over the past few years.

Everyone who has known me from the start knewthat I researched both band and sleeve and leaned towards the sleeve but chose the band because it was reversable... now 3 nearly 4 years later I am much more mature as a wls candidate and also much more educated and I realise that no matter what you choose it is for ever because once you have lost that weight there is no turning back....not with out considerable heart ache and head doing in.

This is my doing and my choice... I wish...oh how I wish I didnt have to make it ... I tried with every part of my being to beat the dreaded weight gain..but sadly its beating me and this is the only way I can fight back.

I asked my doctor which surgery would be better when I am 95 sitting in a nursing home... he said "you wont have the band then, and if by some mirical you did I would say the sleeve would be better quality of life." There was my decision maker
Back to top Go down
rose bud

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   14/02/12, 08:57 am

its not a disition I want to make gee if the band only has like a five year run then I supose its one a lot of us has to face.
going from band to sleeve how are his fees. is there a cost cut price or is it still ful price
Back to top Go down
zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   14/02/12, 08:48 am

I have a sleeve date of the 27th March... made so I can start opti the day after my birthday on the 13th...surgeons idea not mine... I didnt even consider that at all so lucky he was on the ball.

I go back to see him on the 18th of March prior to surgery to make sure it is what I want.

he wanted to reband me but then said bands last tops 5 years then you have problems then I will be back to have it out and regain..reband or sleeve. He spouted all the research at me and did not push either sleeve or band but did tell me the sleeve has a much better track record.

Worst part of the sleeve is the first 2 weeks when leaks can be an issue particularly with the exbanded...however he has never had a leak and doesnt plan on having any either... but then the odd are the more sleeved and unleaked the better the odds of it being you.. yeah I know Im negative... I prefere realistic.

So thats it... still all feels like a dream but then so did the band. I am a traitor to the cause ...but then we always knew I was a round circle trying to fit a square peg
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   09/02/12, 09:57 pm

Yes thanks very much zips. It did solve it rather well. It was just one of those things that I wondered about. I have paid extra for travel insurance for the last 5 years and wondered how much it would cost for an extended holiday. I also remember a couple of years ago when I had doughnut stuck and was miserable for a week. Still threw up in the airport and on the plane home. There is no way I am going on a cruise as I have been rocking now for almost a year. Imagine how much longer it would be if i went on a boat!
Back to top Go down
zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   09/02/12, 07:45 pm

ok linda the answer I got was absolutely no extra insurance with the sleeve what so ever no matter where they travelled.

QUOTE: "I went on a 6 week backpacking trip around Uk, Europe and a few third world countries 4 months after my sleeve with no probs:"

On another forum it was added no weight gains or problems with side effects... which stands to reason...no unfill to travel...no weight gain. All foods could be eaten with no discomforts as long as they remembered not to over eat for taste of it. I was told it was exactly the same as travelling prior to having the sleeve or a band just no hunger or desire to eat except for head hunger. Several had gone from band to sleeve so could compare travelling with the two... with the band it was a misery where food was concerned and always on her mind where with the sleeve it was not given a thought and she enjoyed the holiday much more. On her last cruise her friends did not know she had the sleeve and did not question it even at smorgasboards .She sampled small amounts of everything she wanted with out concern of anything getting stuck and on return had not gained an ounce.

I remember asking my doc about a cruise once and he said they are particularly dangerouse for lapband patients because once your on them if you have a medical emergency with the band there is no treatment on board, that it is worse than going to a third world country and he advises his patients not to go on them.

Lucky I never went with my luck I would have been THAT one!

Hope this helps
Back to top Go down
rose bud

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   09/02/12, 07:19 am

we all have momments of greatness, well done.

our outside fridge died after 25yrs found one loaf of raisen bread kids happy.
Back to top Go down
zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   09/02/12, 07:12 am

I loooooooooooooove anything that has cinamon .. so one of my loves is raisin toast with melty butter and cinnamon sprinkled on it.... oddly its the one thing I have not had since debanding.

In fact I was in Woolworths this morning to get some foccacia and I actually stopped in front of the raisin bread and thought 'blardy hell have some self worth, you know you will eat the lot'....so I kept going and didnt get any.

Now though I wish I had
Back to top Go down
rose bud

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   09/02/12, 06:35 am

it is amazing how good foods can taste or even smell when youve been with out. the family have been having raisen toast and god it smells wonderful with all that melting butter.
All the best with your choises .
Back to top Go down
zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   09/02/12, 06:16 am

I need the restriction, I cant get that with the band without severe side effects. I am hoping and it seems that I can acheive this with the sleeve.

I am talking to a woman who had the same issues as I did with the band and she has been sleeved 3 years now and lost all her excess weight and easily kept the weight off over the past 2 years.

She has had no return of reflux and has no dire side effects apart from the ability to eat very small meals.

When my band worked in the first 12 months it worked well...in that I will say that I never ever reached the sweet spot but obviously it reduced my intake somewhat and helped me keep it all under control... however that level ( 3 ml in a 8ml band) could not be sustained and the reflux started to the point where even an empty band was still giving me horrible night reflux and acid burn.

The way you are eating with dukan now is how one is supposed to eat with wls... its a low carb low fat diet and perfect for weight loss. I congratulate all of you for doing the right thing and making the change.

I wish I could keep my weight under control with out the band but essentially I could not do it prior to the band and all the resolve I had at removal was pie in the sky when faced with full force hunger, cravings and the most important demon of all....the fact that you KNOW you can fit it in and get that sucker down.

combine that with a festive Christmas and I had a recipe for disaster just waiting to happen.

I have no problem putting up with a low intake of food or having to chew my food well...shite I did it for 3 and a half years, as long that is, that I can get the weight off and maintain it.

I go on Monday, hat in hand to my doctor. At my last visit I said I wont need any further surgery that I was determined to keep the pudge off... and I was, I truely was and I honestly thought I could...sadly that little fat girl still resides inside me and she came out when the band came off.

I will keep you updated on my decision and the path forward for me... tis a big one and no doubt not one with out tears and regret (more than likely the day after surgery) However this was how it is for everyone in life. Nothing is perfect, and everything is not happy happy all the time.. the bad bits make us appreciate the good bits....just like having the band gave me a new appreciation for steak and for peanut butter white bread samiches that I never had before...its the simple things sometimes that are truely so freaking bloody good!!!
Back to top Go down
rose bud

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   09/02/12, 04:16 am

no issues with me zippy always a little on guard when people always overly happy and life is just too wonderfull....
Touch wood I am not really having any issues with my band except heart burn at a dull leval ant tablets cover that .and it helps running looser then tight so can handle most things except bread and hot chips . find Its my love of the wrong foods and lack of movement. and not getting the input out put to balance right.
my motivation or lack of it and mantaining what I had for longer then 24 hrs has been my main issue the last two years and has been a shit to get in the rigt head space.

I seam to be getting it back at the moment and taking it day at a time the Dukan diet has been great and may be it is the carbo
highs and lows that has been a big part of my problem I am less bloated thats a possative,
I to skip around the net about sleve and bands ect especially seeing what complications there can be to band and as a hopsital worker I see the bad.( still feel that a lot run way to tight )
But it seams that if you make poor food choices with the band the same is likely with the sleeve and will have the same out come, unless you can make good food choices and its a hunger and amount issue. At least there dosent seam to be the slimming and blockage, issues.
Back to top Go down
zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   09/02/12, 03:56 am

Linda I have already asked this but will ask it again for you.

The answer I got last time a reply from about 6 people stating that when they went over seas and notified the insurance company they were not penelised any extra...but like I said I will double check and have posted the question for you.... I would imagine that after the settling period of a month or two after sleeving there is little that can impact it ...or so my research suggests, unlike the band where slippage, stuckage or various other things can take place while not in the country
Back to top Go down
Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   09/02/12, 01:13 am

About bloody time we heard from her!

Guess I'd better not ask you how she's going, she can tell us that herself when she posts.
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   09/02/12, 12:22 am

I just had a task to Jan (lemon detox) on facebook. She is going to register and come in and say hi.
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   08/02/12, 11:32 pm

Zippy in your research can you find out if you need special travel insurance with a sleeve. I just bought some travel insurance and it costs me an extra $60 for 12 days to cover my band. I don't mind paying it for the peace of mind but what about a sleeve? It is part of your guts so it shouldn't be classed as pre existing?????
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   

Back to top Go down

2008 Junies and Friends
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next