Share | 

2008 Junies and Friends

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   08/01/12, 01:32 am

That is great!

Me mates are MIA as well. I don't think they want to do the dukan with me.
Back to top Go down
Vogette
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   08/01/12, 12:31 am

zippy wrote:
yeah a dukan thread sounds like a good idea

Hi all!
Sorry I have been MIA - I have created a Dukan Diet thread under "Post-Op" and moved all the posts there, if that's OK by you?
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   05/01/12, 12:35 am

It is very quiet in here. Just reporting that the path results are clear so that is good news.

How is everyone?
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   29/12/11, 10:45 pm

I have started one in post op chat. I couldn't see how to start a new thread in general. Maybe I am nuts. Anyway I finished the book on my kindle in the hospital yesterday. I think it will do me good. I need something to get me back on track. Must say I am loving the kindle. Lisa bought one too so we can share books as well. We have the same account.
Back to top Go down
zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   28/12/11, 10:51 pm

yeah a dukan thread sounds like a good idea
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   28/12/11, 07:25 pm

maybe we should start a dukan diet thread
Back to top Go down
rose bud

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   28/12/11, 03:28 pm

75kg for me I could live with that... very happerly... the 60-65kg that others calculated would be sickly for me )
4\2\2013. ok a year thats wonderful becouse this year has been a waist...
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   28/12/11, 02:23 am

If I started yesterday I should be at my true weight 17 May 2012 and consolidation on 30 Nov 2012. I think the consolidation is just maintaining and not regaining. I haven't gone that far yet. I know that you eat what you want but have 1 protein day a week forever.
Back to top Go down
Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   28/12/11, 01:55 am

I know a lady at work who was following Dukan. Not sure how long she stuck with it, she is a very big lady and I didn't see any difference, but then I wasn't specifically looking for it either.

Just went to Linda's link - hmmmmmmmm - says I should be 93kg, which interestingly is what I was told (when I pressed for information) at the surgeon's. They never talked about what I should be, so when I was hovering around 100kgs, I asked what they thought I should be.

So, if I start now, I should reach my true weight by April 2013, but it will take another 874 days to consolidate, which means by Australia Day 2016, I should be there.

Maybe I'll just stay fat forever.
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   28/12/11, 12:03 am

Thanks for that link, it looks interesting. I don't think you need to buy the book. There is enough info online about it.

I know what you mean about left overs. I just minced some pork and turkey and made a pasta bake. Serious carbs in it as it has cream. It is huge and will last a few meals though. I am about to freeze the rocky road. We finished the xmas pud last night. Didn't have much of that as I made my sister take it home.

This is the link to find your own true weight

http://www.dukandiet.com/The-Dukan-Diet
Back to top Go down
zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   27/12/11, 11:50 pm

Back to top Go down
zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   27/12/11, 11:33 pm

I did some on line research about dukan Linda and the results seem posative. I had intentions of buying the book however I have so many diet books I have purchased over then years that I have never applied that I just didnt get round to the purchase.

Diet look easy doable and the food seems edible. I like the whole inclusion of the oatbran and I have made the oat bran muffins off a dukan recipe site I found and they are seriously tasty and keep you sated all day.

I would be very interested to have you keep us up to date on it as I will need to put some sort of plan into shape if I am going to hold my weight down. have gained 2 of the kilos back over xmas of the 5 I lost when the band was removed... I am learning bad habits fast and need to curb them.

Today I am cutting all carbs in hopes of retraining myself back to my pre Xmas diet which was working a treat...which was low fat protein and veg...no fruit, flour, sugar etc... the addition of meat and veg/ salads seemed to cause me to lose weight easily once the band was out.. all foods ...healthy foods... I could not eat with the band in.

However the excess lollies that everyone felt the need to give me for Christmas... the left over pudding... fruit cake with butter...short bread biscuits and potatoe salads are doing me in and I just hover over them at the moment . I threw the salads ( pasta and potato) in the trash and put all the chocolates and lollies in a container and have used a whole roll of sticky tape on it to close it.... trust me it will take some work to get it open... and I scarfed the last of the fruit cake and biscuits last night in a mass gluttony session to get rid of them... today I expect I will suffer massive carb withdrawals and will be climbing the walls.... still it will be worth it if I can actually manage to avoid further surgery!!
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   27/12/11, 10:13 pm

I received a kindle e reader. Lisa has set up an account in our names and she plans to buy one and then we can share the books. She also downloaded 130 books on it (for free) and there is $50 credit on amazon for downloading. We tested it and I downloaded a book for $7 in seconds. It helps that we have the same initial and surname. Anyways one of the books on it is the dukan diet. I have been reading it and it is all about zippys protein. I have entered my stats on their website and I need to do straight protein for 4 days then on alternate days I can have veges. That is for 138 days. I haven't got to the other 2 stages yet. As I am going nowhere fast I think I will try it. It takes into account menopause and body shape and how many diets you have been on. Also lowest weight and top weight. So probably someone younger wouldn't be on the 2nd stage so long. It also says that my stable weight should be 70kgs even though I put in ideal weight at 60. It is sensible LOL As my lowest weight was 76 point something a couple of years ago it sounds pretty on track. The secret is in the planning by having the proper foods in the house. ie protein, eggs and low fat dairy. I will start on Monday a new year and the start of a week. We don't have anything planned as Alan will have new stitches under his arm from Thursday. I will keep you posted. Anyone tried it?
Back to top Go down
Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   27/12/11, 05:57 am

Sounds like it all went well Linda. Well done, and I think you deserve a rest.

As for me, as promised, I came home from work and had a quiet day at home, with intermittent sleep, and faced up for my shift that night. I was sooooooo glad I didn't head up north. It would have been a nightmare coming back in all that rain and hail. I have been on the Calder when it is pissing rain, and it was horrible, I was so glad to get back in one piece. There are always idiots on the road who take no notice of the conditions and speed ahead. No damage here, but the rain was about as heavy as I've ever seen, and while we did have hail stones, they weren't quite the size reported elsewhere.

I am still waiting for my 'leftovers' from the Christmas Day family gathering. The meat may still be ok when it gets here, but I doubt that anything else would last the distance. Looks like it's now going to be very late tonight before my brother gets back with the goods. I'm sure he has enjoyed his time up there, as I know they had weather suitable for the pool. I think the rural atmosphere also does something for the soul.

I haven't attempted to get out to the Boxing Day sales. Melbourne supposedly has a reputation for good shopping, perhaps it's a pity I hate shopping so much. Might get out tomorrow when the crowds have died down a bit and see if I can get some nice linen, and I need a new handbag. Forget the shoes and clothes, I'm too difficult to fit and certainly with shoes, anything that would fit me is never on sale anyway. I bought some clothes at half price before Christmas. I'm not going out to spend just for the sake of spending.

Always find it amusing when people spend, spend, spend on their credit cards, buying things they don't really need, and not paying the card off by the due date. What they pay in interest pretty much negates what they saved.

Nice to have a few cooler days, without needing the air-conditoner.
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   26/12/11, 01:11 am

That is extremely rude.

Well everything went off well. The prawns n avocado starter was very nice. I made a really nice dressing and chopped up the avo and put it all in a big crystal bowl. Then you could help yourself. I just put mixed lettuce leaves on a plate for everyone. The watermelon and feta salad was yummy. I am sure I have posted the layered garden salad recipe before. It has frozen peas and everything else in it including mushrooms and cheese and boiled eggs. I can give the recipe if wanted. The rocky road was a huge success. Visitors have just left so off with the bra and I am just going to chill out. It was quite warm yesterday so we had the air con on. We had thunder and lightening and lots of rain as well. Now today it is cool and raining.
Back to top Go down
zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   24/12/11, 11:18 am

Zactly... I think i will spit on their bit of Turducken
Back to top Go down
Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   24/12/11, 06:46 am

I find that extremely rude. The least they could have done was let you know ahead of time, but better still, actually ASK if it was ok with you. I take umbrage at that sort of thing. Given that there are extras, it would have been prudent to offer to bring something, anything, even if you ended up declining it. I guess the thought was 'there's always plenty of food, no need to let her know'. Just plain bad manners in my books.

Nevertheless, I'm sure they will appreciate your hospitality. As you say, it is Christmas, but some people tend to stretch the goodwill and friendship (of others towards them) just a little too far.
Back to top Go down
zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   24/12/11, 02:18 am

what is in your layered garden salad it sounds interesting... oh and what is the watermelon going into... I love different salads.

I was just informed by my outlaws that they have invited an extra 2 people to lunch.. nice of them considering they dont cook or bring anything. So now I have to find a couple more seats etc... no problem really, I mean it is Christmas and that is what it is all really about .. being generouse and spreading the luuuurve....

Just a heads up on the invite would have been nice
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   23/12/11, 07:46 pm

ha ha the oven isn't big enough and she would be tough

In the interests of no weight gain I will not post you any rocky road.

I forgot I am making a prawn and avocado salad for starters as well. So today Alan can get the prawns and pick up the turkey. I will clean the bathrooms and make a layered garden salad and cut up watermeleon for another salad. Lisa and her boyfriend will be here for dinner as well. Having a bbq so not too much trouble.
Back to top Go down
zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   23/12/11, 09:40 am

there is a thought Linda...old bag would need to be basted and slow baked I recon she would be pretty tough..

So when can I expect my rocky road in the mail
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   23/12/11, 08:13 am

YUM

I had one of those things in Perth about 10 years ago. Can't say I have seen them around in Vic but I haven't really looked for it either. We are having rolled stuffed turkey breast, roast pork and ham. You should taste the rocky road I made. It is being given away very fast it can't stay here.

Stuff the MIL I say LOL
Back to top Go down
zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   23/12/11, 03:31 am

we are also having our traditional glazed baked ham as well....another thing my mother in law bitches about every year. She cant see the need for glazing the pig... she thinks unwrapping it and slapping it on the table is sufficient...which yes it is but I like the look and taste of a honey glazed and decorated ham on the Christmas table...it looks festive and the sweet glaze is a nice addition to the meat.

It just all makes the day Christmas for me and I figure if I want to waste my freaking time doing it, then it is my problem. All I ask of her each year is to bring a trifle and what ever drink she wants to pour into herself if its something we dont usually have like beer, or white or red wine. .. usually she brings the trifle and scarfs what ever liquid is on offer then complains all day about what trials and miseries have befallen her and her chosen child daughter all year.... she is a glass half empty person... which is ok if that puts a ferret up her kilt and it does.
Back to top Go down
zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   23/12/11, 03:24 am

yes a turducken is a chicken stuffed up a duck stuffed up a turkey... usually the turducken is then stuffed with seasoned pork mince stuffing howver my butcher offered cranberry and pinenut or fig and pistatio... I have opted for the fig.

My daughter is a bit gnarly about the lack of pig in the centre so we are going to wrap the 7kg beast in bacon before presenting it to the oven.

All of the birds are boned prior to inserting them gently and with respect up the others cavity...It looks like a complete turkey but when carved it is in layers of meat.

I have tasted it while in America...the home of the turducken or what should really be named the turduckenork if stuffed with seasoned piggy mince.... it was a delightfully decadant mouthful of meaty goodness.

My 20 year old son is most excited for it to be on our table this Xmas....my mother in law however is shocked and disgusted at the whole process.... me says " dont eat it then"
Back to top Go down
Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   22/12/11, 07:47 pm

Often wondered about those turduckens. Have you had one before Zippy? Do they actually fillet some of it, or does it come complete with all bones from all birds? I'm just trying to figure out how they manage to assemble it, and how easy it is (or not) to carve, and if it actually comes off in layers, or if each slice gives you a bit of each meat.

As for me, not sure what I will be consuming on Christmas Day. I will be here alone, and trying to sleep. I'm sure some leftovers will come back for me from the family gathering. They usually provide a ridiculous amount of food at work for those 'lucky enough' to be there, but it has never really been the usual Christmas fare.

I am just about done in. Made heaps of truffles again this year, and a few batches of florentines as well. I figure they look rather festive with the cherries, and of course the chocolate layer (when I make them) is almost as thick as the biscuit part. Funny about that. We are having warm weather here so anyone's guess as to what might happen to them when packaged up. Not my problem, I would still eat them in melted mode, but then we all know what a guts I am!
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   22/12/11, 11:59 am

Turducken ... Oh my God is that what I think it is ???

Turkey stuffed with a whole duck stuffed with a whole chook ??? (And thendo you stuff the chooken with actual old school stuffing ?)

Now I am a 20 something year vegetarian veteran but oh my I must say the over the topedness of that just totally tickles my funny bone.

AWESOME !!!!

Cheers
Tara
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   

Back to top Go down

2008 Junies and Friends
Page 5 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next