HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

August 2010

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
AuthorMessage
debs

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   12/01/11, 11:26 am

Thinking of you in these tough times Ella. I hope your hubby, and everyone you know will be ok. I've been watching it on the news and its just awful. Hope you are ok up there and things ease up soon.
debs

ps i am in midnorth nsw...no floods here thankgod but my parents are up north visiting friends are are flooded in in northern NSW.
Back to top Go down
Ella_67

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   12/01/11, 11:15 am

Hi everyone,

Well it's been a tough week....My beautiful city is just being devestated by floods.

My home is safe but unfortunately my hubbie's car is lost to the raging waters. He is driving his truck in these awful weather conditions at the moment so I am worried sick about him.

I am lucky to have had the last 2 days off work but am due back tomorrow. I think I have found a way to get to the Northside however the height of the flood is yet to hit so the morning may bring a different tale.

I have tossed my eating plan out for the last few days and have eaten what I have wanted too. Unfortunately stress has played its part and I have vomited a few times with foods that just didn't agree.

I hope things get better here soon...but I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel yet.

Stay safe guys...I know some of you live in Northern NSW and the floods are expected to hit there next.

Ella
Back to top Go down
debs

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   12/01/11, 11:06 am

Kirsten maybe you're just going thought a wee plateau and in a few weeks it'll kick off again..then whoosh, you'll loose a bunch of weight. Its frustrating i know...things are so slow for me too. I've only got 1ml to go before my band is full and i'm nowhere near this magical restriction people keep talking about. Its really got me worried.
Here's hoping we both get back on track soon.
Back to top Go down
Kirsten

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   10/01/11, 10:24 pm

Hi, I too was advised that things like steak, chicken breast, white bread and fizzy drinks could be a problem once banded. I have only just started to have problems with white bread but have changed over to wholemeal and that seems a bit better. Also with the chiicken breats I changed over to chicken thighs so I would not encounter problems. So far I have around 9ml in a 14ml band. So as this increases I am expecting to have alittle more difficulty.

I hope everyone is doing well and back weight loss bandwagon after the chirstmas/new year festivities.

I've lost another 1kg since seeing the doc about 3 weeks ago. I dont see him til 26th and with all the exercise I have been doing and eating somewhat well I would have expected to lose more. I think I'm a little hard on myself somtime, but I just want to hurry up ang get below 100kgs, and then 95kgs. I want to start trying to conceive our 2nd baby in february and had said a few weeks ago I wanted to lose 10kgs before we start trying, and on the path of only losing 1kg in 3 weeks, we wouldn't start trying til april!! I don't know how this post ended up being a vent. maybe I should start one of those online journel.
Back to top Go down
catton54

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   10/01/11, 08:23 am

IT was made very clear to me that bread, meats etc would be out as their texture is not congruent with the band.....fish is ok.....I have had issues with meat since the day I was banded.....but I suppose we are all different, and it seems that all surgeons differ in what they think also...some do not allow drinks during meals whilst others say it is ok......I just try and do what works for me, which can differ from day to day....lol...

Cate
Back to top Go down
emeraldrain

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   09/01/11, 12:25 am

cate, when you say you cant eat bread and meat tho, thats not normal ;p your supposed to be able to.... even steak... i can eat a piece of steak the size of a circle on my palm ( if that makes sense) and i get in trouble from my surgeon if i dont have steak once a week ;p says he doesnt know if its working properly unless i eat hard fruit and steak ;p
Back to top Go down
catton54

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   08/01/11, 11:43 pm

This morning I really got into it...started on a protein shake ( shared with hubby...lol) I added one of those WW jelly and fruit thingos ( have 11cals) and ice and did the blender thing....it was great and now 2 hrs later still not hungry......no way would I have some taken out, but maybe .25mls in...my main issue is that I do not chew, and try to eat things that I KNOW I cannot, eg bread, meat rice....
PS....I just love this forum and you guys, isn't strange feeling close to people that you did not really know...but share a similar journey, with all the warts attached.....lol
Anyhow, take care, chat later.....
Cate

Ps again..so sick of all this rain......
Back to top Go down
debs

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   08/01/11, 12:42 pm

Oooh i had steak tonight and it was gorgeous! But i had it a few nights ago and couldn't get it down...so fickle. I never really know whats going to go down ok and when. lol

Maybe if you got a smidge out it would help?
Back to top Go down
catton54

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   08/01/11, 12:12 pm

I have made a pledge not to shop untill the pantry is bare.....I think if we starve for a week or 2 it might help...just ensure I have cruskits..lol......it is amazing how much one can eat just grazing.....!!!
But, do you know guys I would kill for a steak...did try to eat a small bit, but too painful..the taste was 'just out of this world'.....
Back to top Go down
debs

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   08/01/11, 12:08 pm

LOL I'd help you if could Cate! lol

You need to throw a wee party and invite a bunch of people around and put out all the left over food....and not let anyone leave until they've eaten it all :)

Back to top Go down
emeraldrain

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   08/01/11, 12:06 pm

lol cate i agree, im having a fascination with liquorice allsorts at the moment, and im having trouble resisting them :(
Back to top Go down
catton54

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   08/01/11, 11:50 am

Would all my forum friends please come and help eat all the food left over from Xmas.....found 2 pkts of tim tams in the spare fridge, chocs in my office still...bloody hell, wish I could throw it all out.....how can you throw out tim tams....lol
Back to top Go down
Ella_67

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   04/01/11, 01:50 pm

Hi everyone,

sorry it's been so long between chats. I hope everyone had a wonderful Xmas and New Year and got to spend some quality time with family.
I had a little over a week off to spend with family and partied pretty hard. Luckily for me the doctor didn't give me a top up when I went back and saw him on 23 December....don't know how I would have fit in as much food if he had....Oops! I ate naughty things, drank way too much and my exercise went out the door. I think in the last month I have managed to lose a kilo....bahahahaha....oh well...back to the gym .
Tomorrow is another day after all

Ella
Back to top Go down
debs

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   02/01/11, 04:22 am

I'm hearing you Cate. Its hard huh. Sometimes my band burn will kick in after a couple of mouthfuls and i still feel starving but it hurts to eat. If that happens one of two things will happen....i will either get fed up and not eat anything else until next meal...or i will wait about 15-30mins until the pain goes and then i can eat without a problem. The problem with this technique is that i can eat ANYTHING, without that full feeling kicking in, or even that satisfied feeling kicking in. I feel like i swing between eating too much with no band help, or eating tiny amounts with band pain. Fickle is not the word! LOL

I find too that if i sloooooooow down heaps its a bit better, less pain etc... but if i slow down too much i can eat a horse without pain or fullness. Such a bloody hard line to walk.
Like this morning, i had a half a slice of toast and half cup of coffee (slow) and had pain. Then for lunch i was starving so had a big arsed 3 egg omelette filled with vegies and some cheese and a glass of pepsi max, and had no pain, no restriction. I'm totally confused by it all. LOL

debs
ps in your case it does sound like you might be a little tight though?
Back to top Go down
catton54

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   01/01/11, 11:36 pm

Hi all...we are still battling to get rid of all the food that is left over from xmas...OMG still a fridge full...had my first day of not vomiting yesterday, really trying to be mindfull of chewing and what I put into my mouth, and importantly only small amounts at each sitting, it was so good to do it....but 4.30 this morning, get up and had a cuppa and arrowroot biscuit ( actually 3), and we all know how arrowroot biccies dunked are like - so soft and mushie, through it all up, could not even get to the toilet in time ( I love my dunked arrowroot biccies .).I seem to have a lot of mucus which comes up also, does anyone else have this????

Starting to think I am a wee bit too tight, or eating to much...the 1st mouth full or 3 are ok and after that the pain sets in, and the vomitting....????

SOME DAYS ARE GOOD AND SOME DAYS ARE TERRIBLE.....I really know the meaning of fickle now....!!!

Also still have problems identifying when I am full, no signal happens untill about 30mins after my limited imposed meals, I feel hungry, but I know I cannot possibly eat anymore....

Cate....
Back to top Go down
Kirsten

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   29/12/10, 10:14 pm

Thought I would drop in and say hi. I hope you all had a great christmas. From the sounds of it, we all did some induldging :) Some of the things I have enjoyed over the last week, I won't even mention hehehe. But todays the day, I'm back on the wagon!!!! Started the day off with aerobics and a peice of toast with banana.
Back to top Go down
debs

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   29/12/10, 09:49 am

Yeah you wouldn't think i'd be able to fit all that in huh...it astounds me. I had no pain, no 'fullness', no nothing. I feel like its not very helpful at the moment...guess i will need to talk to my doc about it. I hate telling negative things though...i feel like a failure.

That's what i'm worried about careylin, that my 7ml band will be full before i am! lol I wonder what my doc will say about it.... maybe another mil will put me in the right spot.
deb
Back to top Go down
emeraldrain

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   29/12/10, 09:44 am

hey girls,
thought i'd chuck my two cents in :) I've been bad too, manly with liquorice allsorts at the moment... i' swear i was pregnant if i didnt know better, feels like a craving ;p i'm eating way too many and am finding my inner voice is on holidays and doesnt care how much crap im eating at the moment.
As for maccas i seem to be between u 2, i can eat a quarter pounder, miinus about 2 full bites, but no chips, and i have to use drink to squish it in. it's my "im starving i need to eat a real quantity" food ;p
I'm happy where my restriction is, im at around 7-8 mls in a 10ml band... can still eat more that a cup, but i think if i was really strict i could last on a cup of food. as it is for meals i think im eating maybe 2 cups, which is still heaps less than i used to. need to get cracking on the exercise though.
Debs, worst case you could always have a bigger band put in. my surgeon always uses the bigger 10ml band as he thinks the type u have is too small for most people.
Its so hard to imagine the difference between us. I cant believe how little fill u have cate :) guess we all have different tummies!
Back to top Go down
catton54

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   29/12/10, 08:23 am

Deb, I know how you feel..though I cannot eat alot, I do still feel hungry at times, hence the grazing...think I have fallen of the waggon, just need to get back on.....do aslo get frustrated with the band, weight loss is slow, and hard going.....thought about adding weight watchers to see if that helps...need to exercise, but have bad knees.....I will get there, one day.........
I cannot beleive you could fit all that in, if the grandkids go to maccas, I usually eat some of their food = 8 chips and 1 nugget at the most.....
I do find eating painful most times, mainly as I do not chew, I forget....but I do remember quickly...LOL
Back to top Go down
debs

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   29/12/10, 07:00 am

You're probably right Cate, i feel bad about telling the doc i need more fill. He must be thinking 'what a pig!' I'm sure he's not but it feels like that's what he would be thinking.
What do you do about the hunger thing...when you eat your tiny amount and can't get anymore down but you still feel hungry? Isn't that frustrating? I sometimes get that...pain will hit (maybe from eating too fast or not enough chewing maybe) and i get that locked up feeling like it doesn't want to go down, but i feel ravenously hungry still. Frustrating. Then i'll have most days where i can eat lots and there's no problem. Like today was pretty bad...I had a Big mac burger, meduim chips and a drink (never had any probs or full feelings.) Then i had a hot chocolate and a small pastry!!! There's no way i should be able to fit that into my new small stomach. So much for 6ml in a 7ml band. Luckily that is a rare occurance for me, eating that badly... I don't know, sometimes this band frustrates the crap out of me. LOL
Back to top Go down
catton54

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   29/12/10, 06:47 am

Thanks, very interesting Deb..we went out for dinner last night, a small cup was it, my family said 'come on mum, you can eat more", no way and I actually started to bring some back up....I have good restriction now, and worry about trying to eat more, sometimes I am still hungry, but not able to, get pain.....I find it hard to go out, not many foods I can eat, so now pick off other plates, how terrible is that!!!! and Hubby and I share a meal most times....hot chips always go down well, but can only cope with a small amount......rice is out, so is bread and meat...vegies are good, some fruits ok...etc etc.....
Deb you need more fill, I might go another .25mls, but that will be it..I have 2mls in now ( 7ml band)
But I am now grazing, bad bad habit to get into......have a bag of choc nuts in my desk draw, I am going to give them to me daughter - I promise.........tomorrow.....no now.................done......(cate sad)....lol
Better go and feed the horses, xoxoxo to all, hope others find their way over to the new forum......

Cate
Back to top Go down
debs

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   28/12/10, 04:53 am

Well done Chris.

I'm not game enough to weight myself either yet cate. I have been pretty good over the christmas period...right up until yesterday, then it all went to pot. Discovered that i can eat way more than even i thought i could. I realised i am using mostly willpower with my restriction...yesterday i thought 'blow it, i'll eat what i want' and i was shocked at how much i can eat...just like pre banded. I swear, i wouldn't have thought i had a band in! lol Luckily i do have some willpower to mostly stick to small amounts, because i don't think this band is actually physically doing much at all....except giving me some pain (first/third bite syndrome). I already have 6ml in a 7ml band and am worried about going for another ml. What if at 7ml i still don't feel the restriction and my band is full?

Hope everyone else is doing well over the christmas period.
debs
Back to top Go down
catton54

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   27/12/10, 11:00 pm

God Chris.. you are doing well.....good on you...congrats......not game enough to get on the scales yet need to wear off the xmas kgs.....
Back to top Go down
zeus1050

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   27/12/10, 10:42 am

Hi Guys

Merry Christmas

Christmas weight...

Chris (Zeus 1050)H:177 BMI:56.5 SW:177.4 kg (163.8 Kg on day of op) CW:138.5 Kg TL: 39.1 Kgs (:

I hope you all have a GREAT New Year

Chris
Back to top Go down
catton54

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   26/12/10, 10:57 pm

Well how did we all going over xmas.....hmmm, did I find some foods that slide down well... and some that 'did not' slide down very well at all....lol
Really starting to understand the band and how it works now...small portions are a must, I am comfortable after 1/3 cup, any more and I am sick.....but I can graze also....which is not good.....chocs, ice cream etc slide down well......lol and can consume lots this way.....but starting to really get the hang of it all.....I must say diet drinks with ice in them, in small amounts help alot between meals, and I have never been a diet drink person.....blockages are still very painful......

Last edited by catton54 on 27/12/10, 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   

Back to top Go down

August 2010
Page 20 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Welcome to the site! :: Bandits By the Month-
Jump to: