HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

August 2010

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
catton54

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   06/08/11, 09:59 am

Sorry to hear Kirsten, it is terrible - I am very experienced at driving and spewing into bags!!!!!!!.......I wonder what set you off - and hope it settles for you quickly.....

Cate xoxoxo
Back to top Go down
debs

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   06/08/11, 02:33 am

Sorry to hear you had such a spewy day Kirsten. Was it a blockage that caused it? Poor thing. I hope you're feeling better today.

debs
Back to top Go down
Kirsten

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   05/08/11, 11:17 am

Hi Ladies,

Cate - I'm fine with milky drinks. All drinks seem to be ok.

Debs - I'm going to start taking a liquid fish oil, it will proberly be hit and miss on the flavour factor.

Today was the worst day I have had with the band. I have thrown up so many times, I have lost count. morning, noon, night. I just can't manage anything other than liquids. I never knew I could drive and spew into a bag until I had to do it!!! I'll stop there, proberly the less information the better. Tomorrow better be a better day I tell ya.

Thanks for the info on the liquid and chewable multi vitamins, I gave my horse pills a go (swisse multi), and they still seem to go down fine. I'll have to swop at some stage I'm sure, I thought it would be this time.

Anyway more to write, but I am just over this day. Off to bed,

K
Back to top Go down
debs

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   04/08/11, 07:34 am

Sorry Cate i find milk to be fine. I can get any liquid down no probs. I do have to drink slower though if something is really hot or really cold. I generally don't have any probs with coffee or tea though (as long its not too hot.) Bet yes, i find it much easier to eat on the pm shift too :) The am is hard!
Back to top Go down
catton54

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   04/08/11, 06:23 am

Thanks Debs...all ok now, but really can only eat on the pm shift...lol funny that..

Been trying to drinks LOTS of water, just to see if that helps with the weight shift...but all I am doing is peeing lots....lol......

Does anyone else find that milky products do not go down well???? they seem to foam in the pouch and I tend to bring them back up....anyone else like this.......

Cate
Back to top Go down
debs

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   03/08/11, 12:18 pm

Sorry Cate, that sounds horrendous. Hope you're feeling a bit better today.

debs
Back to top Go down
catton54

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   02/08/11, 05:15 am

What a shitful day....went to the gold coast at 4.30am ( welll left here) to pick up my son, had a yoghurt and Latte at the airport, and spewed for 2 hours!!!!! mind you only had 2 mouthfuls of yoghurt ( it had nuts on top, which I think did the deed!!!) and did not get to sip the latte......tried soup at 2pm - no go....I have been upset re some family issues (kids!!!) and it really upsets the band when I am stressed......

Cate xoxoxo
Back to top Go down
debs

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   30/07/11, 04:10 am

well done on the ticker cate. I'm still not sure how to do that. lol

Crazy arsed bands eh. I'm glad you have less discomfort now though, maybe the unfill was good as it shifted the bands place slightly so its in a more comfortable position.

Yes those so called flavoured fish oils are rank. Flavoured my arse. lol They're all foul, i tried a couple and they were grose (my sis has tried different ones for her kids..they don't like any of them either. :)
Back to top Go down
catton54

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   30/07/11, 03:11 am

Just added a slide for my weight loss....

Last edited by catton54 on 30/07/11, 08:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
catton54

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   29/07/11, 10:55 pm

I ended up purchasing liquard fish oil yesterday, boy it tasted foul, stated flavoured on the label but!!!!! - I will still take it better than those huge mega tabs......

Yes Debs weird...milky products ( especially chinos types) are sometimes difficult especially earlier in the day, my best time is at night...it is also strange that I am .25mls more now than before the unfill, but do not have the discomfort I had then - lots of heartburn......

Have a good weekend all xoxoxo
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
Back to top Go down
debs

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   29/07/11, 12:57 pm

Thanks guys...yep she is pretty gorgeous. She's bigger than this now though, growing like a weed. She is such a gorgeous little girl though.

How strange Cate, getting down mince and mash and struggling with chai tea. Bands are the weirdest things!

Kirsten there is a good liquid but i can't remember the name of it sorry. Hmmm...bad memory!
Back to top Go down
Losingit

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   29/07/11, 11:10 am

I take a chewable vitamin - berry flavoured - available at Chemist Warehouse. Healthy Care Family Multivitamin. Might not have quite the potency of other vitamins. I'm too lazy to compare ALL the numbers and ingredients. They don't always have them listed in a straight format. I take 2 a day. Much cheaper too than some of the other stuff on the market.
Back to top Go down
catton54

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   29/07/11, 10:32 am

Yes, he is soooooo CUTE!!!!!

Kirsten, I could not eat till tonight, not even my chai lattes, but Lemon tea was ok, I often find if it is milky is will not go, seems to foam and sit in the pouch...but had a good meal of potatoes mash and mince meat ( 1 cup) and a small bit of bread ( tiger)..still can eat Bread!!!!..I seem to have this window of opportunity at night when things will go through, last for a few hours, but once I go to bed, it is gone...weird, just weird!!!! The whole jouney is weird.......!!!!

Cate xoxoxo
Back to top Go down
Kirsten

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   29/07/11, 07:39 am

how cute is that pooch Debs!!!! My fella wants one of them one day. He's just adorable!!!

Talking about meds. I take the swiss multi, but as the bands a bit tighter now I'm wanting to change to a liquid multi. Anyone know of one??

K
Back to top Go down
debs

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   29/07/11, 06:44 am

Here's a link to a pic of our new puppy Ruby. I tried to post it here but it just wouldn't work. http://www.flickr.com/photos/bambam_studios/5863270056/in/photostream

Cate have you heard of those Krill tabs? Like fish oil but a bit smaller and instead of multiple fish oils you only need one krill tab as its super concentrate. They've had them here at Terry White for ages but a couple of night ago they did a thing on A Current Affair on them. They might be more expensive though because you only need a fraction of the amount.

I can still get my meds down easy, even a big cholesterol one, but a little mouthful of chicken today had my chest burning with pain. Go figure. I'm pretty sure my doc takes draws up all my fluid and then puts it back with extra....hmmm...i'll have to ask him. Maybe thats why i find restriction hard to achieve? Will have to pay more attention next time.
Back to top Go down
catton54

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   28/07/11, 11:32 pm

Hi Kirsten....I know poeple with Staffs that are fine...this one is a killer, and we have to be careful, but my son just loves him, it's his babe....boys!!!!

Kirsten, I am up and down on the scales as well, but the weigh in at WW gives me direction- as long as that is going down I am happy, I can vary 2kgs sometimes, always seem to lose it overnight - as great as 1kg....not sure where it goes!!!

Yes my Dr will not take any out and put it back either, states that it can reposition the band, and upset it...but over 12mths we can lose up to approx 1ml from our bands....keeping this in mind, I think I would have about 3.25mls in a 7mls band....I am feeling good this morning, no hunger, and just spewed all my meds back up!!!! I did the same yesterday morn before the fill, just me......hubby has offered to crush them for me, not sure if that would work, I think it is those fish oil tabs - huge....I always know when things are not going through as I get this grinding noise coming from my throat, rather embarassing when out!!!

Cate xoxoxo

Glad it is friday, busy weekend ahead again....hope every one is ok....xoxoxox
Back to top Go down
Kirsten

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   28/07/11, 11:09 pm

Cate, I can understand why Staffys are not high or your likeable list. That was a terrible thing to happen. Sounds like that dog has a serious problem. A companion kitty sounds good.

On the docs scales I had lost 1kg. Hes' happy. I'm not so thrilled as I keep hovering around my ticker spot of the 88.5, and fluctuating upwards. I stepped on my home scales just a miniute ago and it was 89.6. Thats life but, it will fluctuate up and down at times. I'm now hoping for a run of downs, lol I now have 10ml in a 14 ml band.

I've had a cup of coffee so far. I don't feel hungry at all, the thought of eating right now is a bit off putting. I certainly do feel a bit different after this fill. I'm out with some friends today and we normally have lunch at muffin break and I buy the quiche. I'm actually a bit nervous about trying my first meal after the adjustment whilst out. I can't think what else on their menu would be better though. Anyways, I'll just remember to chew chew chew.

Also, I asked the doctor if he removes all the liquid each time he gives me an adjustment (I had heard this talked about in another thread) He said no, he always draws back a little to check its in the right part of the port but that is all. He only removes the whole amount if there is a concern about the band, or level of liquid in there. He said that to removed all the fill, and putting in back in again can change the effect and a comfortable band may begin to run too tight. Interesting...

K
Back to top Go down
catton54

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   28/07/11, 11:27 am

Like Kirsten also had a fill .25mls, I was worried that it would make it too tight ( got my tablets stuck this morning, and could not stop spewing), but all ok...I have stopped looking for food again, and very satified on a small amount again, thank god....scales at the Drs stated a loss of 2.2kgs since last visit, still have not lost all the weight I gained ( 3kgs) but nearly there....

Kirsten had you lost any weight by the dr scales???

I have actually ordered another Ragdoll kitten, he needs mate....just love my Ragdolls...Kirsten, sorry Staffys are not my favourite dogs, it was my sons staffy that killed my last Ragdoll, broke my heart - but the dog is still here- my son loves it so much, so we just live with knowing that this boy is a killer and we are very vigilent when he is out ( also attacked my poodle, killed the rabbits and god knows what else)...

Debs -posting pics.....not easy, I do it on another forum re the horses, so that gave me a little knowledge on how to do!!!

Cate xoxoxo
Back to top Go down
Kirsten

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   28/07/11, 09:23 am

Hi Tanya, good to see you back :)

Well he put .5ml in, and I can notice a difference already. I'll just have a watery soup tonight for tea, and maybe a red :). I'm hoping tomorrow I've got greater restriction as I've so been looking for food lately. Even after 5 cruskits with cottage cheese and tomato for lunch the other day, I just had too, stroll down the street to buy some malteasers. and I tell ya, I could have brought two packs. Sometimes when I think about that I wonder why I have to be such a glutten. I shouldn't just be relying on the band to loose weight. Where is my self control? But seeing as I'm trying to live in the sun as opposed to dwelling in the muck, I won't give much thought to that and just keep keeping on! You kitty looks sweet Cate, I haven't had a cat since I was 10. I've got a staffy, she about 11 and the biggest smoocher on earth.

Well my darling son seems to have done the most foulest smelling you know what in his nappy, so that must be my que to depart.

K
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   28/07/11, 05:13 am

How did your fill go Kirsten? Hope it's being kind to you :)
Back to top Go down
debs

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   27/07/11, 12:22 pm

Well done Cate. Your kitty is so cute! She looks just my my sisters ragdoll. Gorgeous.

I tried doing the copy and paste and it wouldn't work. I'm so crap at this. lol
Back to top Go down
catton54

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   26/07/11, 11:57 pm

Thanks KIrsten, and hope the top up gives you that extra 'support'.....I got up starving this morning, so cooked bacon and eggs and tomato, why my hubby asked 'cause I can' and then the regret -hmmmm spent the next 30mins over the basin-why do I do that!!!!( the bacon was in the fridge and I would have to throw it out, hate waste, and have eggs coming out of our ears again) I am also hoping that an extra .25mls will take the edge of the hunger also......

But to be honest I feel ok that I am losing again, with the help of WW, wherer I have not said that I have a band, but one lady that does the 'weigh ins' knows as she works with my hairdresser ( we all blab to the hairdressers...LOL)...knowing that I have to weigh in each week ( goal) seems to work well with the band as a tool...I think if I could do some exercise I would do much better - might try and do that for a week and see what the difference is in my loss......better get to work, have a good day all, xoxoxoxo
Back to top Go down
Kirsten

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   26/07/11, 11:47 am

good loss Cate :)

I'm off to the doc for a fill on thursday, I sem to be looking for food all the time. crazy hey. I'll write some more later, just a quick check in to say Hi,, HI!!!!
Back to top Go down
catton54

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   26/07/11, 11:38 am

Back home from WW...good news - 600grs down ( Hubby put on 200g - still eating my left overs!!!!!....)

I was just about to do a major dummy spit the other day re this weight loss THING.....but I seem to be back on track again, for how long is anyones guess, but enjoy while I can....

Cate xoxoxo
Back to top Go down
catton54

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   26/07/11, 07:18 am

Where is every one again...hmmm......post something Cate......well off to weight watchers tonight, hope to be down another 500grs....so let us see how I go!!!!

( I am finding WW is giving me that goal and motivation that I seem to need, and going fo another fill on thursday - that .5mls I had removed has really upset the applecart, I had great restriction and no hunger before I had the unfill, had it back in and going for another .25mls hopefully can get back to where I was.....)

Cate xoxoxoxox
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: August 2010   

Back to top Go down

August 2010
Page 5 of 21Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Welcome to the site! :: Bandits By the Month-
Jump to: