HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lap Band Removal

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
AngeMac

removal - Lap Band Removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lap Band Removal   removal - Lap Band Removal Empty30/04/13, 01:33 am

Thanks Tara

I am so looking forward to being able to eat ANYTHING without worrying about it getting stuck and having to spend an hour and a half in the bathroom trying to get it unstuck! Thanks for the tips about getting in earlier/cheaper! It's not that far from the truth anyway - I am very much over the whole thing - I would probably think twice about keeping it if I had lost any weight but it hasn't contributed anything to my weight loss and as a matter of fact I was seeing a Naturopath and she mentioned that lap bands can actually slow a persons metabolism and interfere with the whole process of digestion which does make sense.

I'm very hesitant to entertain any further surgeries or gastric procedures because I did think that having lap band surgery was going to end my countless attempts of losing weight and because of the drama and non weight loss with it I'm very sceptical about getting anything else. I will talk to hopefully Dr Greenslade and see what comes of it.

I will keep you posted removal - Lap Band Removal 579334
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: Lap Band Removal   removal - Lap Band Removal Empty30/04/13, 01:19 am

Ange,

My pleasure !

What are your plans when you are band free ??
(Other than eat EVERYTHING in sight like I did - it was truly horrendous!)

Just in case you are thinking of a Sleeve or Bypass this is the Sister site to the one, pop over and say Hi.

http://www.gastricsleevesupport.com/

If you want it out faster (and maybe cheaper) I'd start complaining of reflux, not being able to sleep lying down, the constant throwing up.

It may help get you in faster. (It also may not help - lol)

Good luck,
Tara
Back to top Go down
AngeMac

PostSubject: Re: Lap Band Removal   removal - Lap Band Removal Empty29/04/13, 09:54 am

Hi Tara - thanks so much for the info - I will definitely check Dr Greenslade out - I always had the feeling that my original doctor was just interested in the moolah and it did annoy the heck out of me but what can you do. You have given me a great boost with your reply so thankyou thankyou thankyou - I will let you know how I go :-)
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: Lap Band Removal   removal - Lap Band Removal Empty29/04/13, 06:49 am

Hi Ange,

There are a few of us here that have had our bands out.

As you are on the Gold Coast you could try Dr Justin Greenslade in Greenslopes as it wouldn't be too far to travel.

He might bulk bill you through QE2 hospital at Coopers Plains.

Anyway best way to find out is to give his office a call - 3324-0015

I'm sure you will find someone willing to take it out - especially if you are going to have a second procedure like the Sleeve or By-Pass.

Good Luck.

Tara

Actually, PS - what a complete b*astard for not removing it through the Public system and therefore bulk billing you. Just out to make a buck.
Back to top Go down
AngeMac

PostSubject: Lap Band Removal   removal - Lap Band Removal Empty29/04/13, 03:36 am

Hi there - I have decided to have my lap band removed after years of discomfort and virtually no weight loss. I just rang the surgery who initially did my op and was told that it will cost me around $10,000 to have it removed because I no longer have private health insurance! removal - Lap Band Removal 548438Does anyone have any ideas for me to get it done cheaper? I had heard that some surgeons will bulk bill it but I don't know of any on the Gold Coast where I live. I am prepared to travel throughout Australia as it will still be cheaper than $10K! If anyone has a suggestion please let me know - thanks in advance removal - Lap Band Removal 51743
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lap Band Removal   removal - Lap Band Removal Empty

Back to top Go down

Lap Band Removal
Page 1 of 1