Share | 

2008 Junies and Friends

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   28/07/13, 09:13 am

Oh Linda,
It would be lovely for you to have some relief from the dreaded rocking.
There seems to be a few good things happening of late - maybe one of them will be to you !

Tara
Back to top Go down
debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   28/07/13, 01:53 am

Linda my sister has just ordered some of that from the US for weightloss....and my other sister has been taking it for weightloss also. She ordered hers from somewhere in Melbourne I think, off an ebay site. I really hope it works for your rocking, how good would that be! Fingers crossed for you.

debs
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   28/07/13, 12:34 am

Hi Girls

Someone on the MDDS site posted about Garcinia Cambogia http://www.puregarciniacambogia.com.au/Garcinia-Cambogia-Australia.html she said she had been taking it for something else (weight loss) and her rocking stopped. She has been rock free for 2 weeks after 3 years. Yes it is bloody back. So I went to the Dr Oz site and had a squiz. There are a lot of dud sites out there selling it at exorbitant prices and some sites were blocked by my anti virus. So I have ordered 80 days supply. Apparently it increases the seratonin level in your brain which helps with MDDS. I figured if I could lose weight and be rock free it was worth a crack. So I will keep you posted.
Back to top Go down
debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   24/07/13, 01:31 am

LOL Linda, you're too kind, but I definitely feel like a whinger!

Linda, I am finding it easier to sleep, I can roll over now without worrying my drain is going to get caught and be dragged out of my body. On the negative side I can feel all the surgery that's been done on the inside now the tubes are gone. There's a lot of pulling, like I've done a major ab workout...and i'm finding my lungs aren't up to scratch yet from its collapse...there must be scaring....but overall i'm getting better every day I think.

Tara, the reflux isn't as bad as it was, though sometimes I will have something and it feels like its sitting in my throat...like it won't go down fully. Then there's that horrible refluxy feeling again....but it does seem to be diminishing.

Hey guess what. I ate three quarters of a fish cocktail for lunch yesterday! Felt queasy as but I feel like that after anything so I thought what the hell. Geez it tasted good :) I look forward to the day I can eat a whole one...or hopefully two...that will be a good day.

debs
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   23/07/13, 07:37 am

Debs you should be able to sleep much better now.
Back to top Go down
Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   23/07/13, 06:48 am

You call that whingeing, Deb?  In my opinion you're not even trying.

I could give you some great lessons in whingeing - I'm an expert.  I'd have to charge you, though. 

Smile
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   23/07/13, 04:44 am

Nah dude you don't sound like a whinger at all.
You've been thru hell. (OOH and now you are on your way back !!)

Most of the stuff you are describing now is exactly how I was feeling in the beginning too so I reckon you are right on track and dare I say it "normal".

How's it going with the reflux ??

Tara
Back to top Go down
debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   23/07/13, 02:38 am

Hi girls, guess what. My drain fell out. It just fell out of my body, so the community nurse came round and took the bag off me and put a dressing on. I rang Dr and he said that it was fine, he thought it would come out anyway. Thanks for telling me! Anyway, its nice not to have that stinky leaky drain attached to me now (been there over six weeks!) I just hope i'm not still leaking a bit inside. He said I should be fine and to see him in two weeks.

I don't know if I've had dumping as I feel pretty queasy everytime after I eat. I don't think i'm eating too much, and definitely not too fast...its just such a weird feeling. I can't wait to be three months on and hopefully those feelings are gone and i'm able to eat a bit more. I feel like i'm not getting enough calories, and i'm definitely not getting enough liquids, just can't.
I want to be at the stage where I say 'I love my sleeve' and not 'have I done the right thing?' Of course, its all been tainted my that poxy leak and three months of hospital hell so maybe that's it. Maybe it'll just take me a little longer than most to find my mojo. I'd be happy if I could eventually eat an entrée size meal...and not three bites. I feel more like a bi-pass person than a sleever. But, you girls say it takes while for things to settle down so that's what i'm banking on. Can't wait until that time comes and I start to feel a bit normal again.

God I sound like a whinger. lol

debs
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   23/07/13, 01:59 am

Debs,

Wehere are ya ?? Weren't you off to the Hospital for more news ???

How'd it go ???

Tara
Back to top Go down
zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   21/07/13, 08:18 pm

yar it all settles down as tara said once your tummy gets the hang of it and you also learn to drive it.

I think to we still try using our belly Iike a banded belly in the beginning but once you start to realise this is different and change your thinking and approach and relearn the reactions and signals of a normal tummy then it all smooth sailing

On the odd... and I mean really rare occasions, I still get slight dumping but only if I overlad and eat too much.

Deb your food might be a little too dense for your still tender and tight tummy seeing as you went without solid food for so long...try it a bit sloppier for another week till your stomach gets used to the sensation of heavier food in it
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   21/07/13, 10:14 am

Hey Debs,

I've been having a bit of a think and all this passes at about the 8 week mark (well 8 weeks from starting food !!!)

The "top" stomach feeling goes, the dumping seems to go -- Ooooh have you had the pleasure of dumping yet ??
Well isn't it just a joy !!

OMG .. OH  MY  GOODNESS ... I almost forgot to rave about all the foods you can actually eat.

I can eat everything, breads, pizza, RAW vegies, fruit, salad wraps etc etc but just in smaller portions - who would have thunk it eh.

So I know you are still a little way off said foods but trust me my friend it's all gunna be worth it !!!!!!

Yipee,
Tara
Back to top Go down
debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   21/07/13, 02:34 am

Thanks Trish, that does make sense. Maybe i'm having slightly too much. I'll ease off and see if that helps...otherwise, its just a time thing, waiting until things settle down like you say.
Thanks again.

debs
Back to top Go down
zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   20/07/13, 12:42 pm

sorry typing on my tab and im a gumby fingered nong on it
Back to top Go down
zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   20/07/13, 12:41 pm

deb it does settle down as the scars soften and eating will feel like a normal stomach. Right now everything is still stiffand swollen also your nerves need to relearn how to get the new small stomach to massage the food for digestion. At the moment the food goes through more through gravity than being pushed down by involentary muscle action.

Give it time you both need to heal.. try smaller portions. I was only managing 1 or 2 teaspoons during mushies. Try not to eat to that point of discomfort and if you can stop before it your tummy will return to normal more quickly.

Aldo in the early stages rice can be difficult for the tummy to deal with ss its gluggy and dense its difficult for the deadened new tummy to process
Back to top Go down
debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   20/07/13, 03:10 am

Thanks ladies, I certainly am. I had some curry and rice last night...very soft. It was heaven, but it feels weird to eat after so long. I'm feeling it in my chest as opposed to my stomach...I was telling Tara it feels like I've got the band back in and she's finding a similar feeling. Maybe it'll settle down in time. I also feel I have a lot of air trapped inside me when I eat something? I'm eating slowly, taking small bites etc.... maybe its a time thing.

Yes I know, he smiles...but I think its only reserved for those he early kills :)
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   19/07/13, 10:53 pm

Good news Debs. I hope you enjoy your mushies
Back to top Go down
zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   19/07/13, 01:21 pm

bow Mushies are a welcomed friend after liquids but for you it must have been like a long lost lover that you ravished! 

great news Deb....oh and
he smiles?...holy shit the apocolyps must be nigh
Back to top Go down
debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   19/07/13, 11:42 am

Hi Delia, hope all is well with you.

Well I went and saw my doc today...you should have seen the smile on his face. (I think it was a 'thankgod no wrongful death suit' smile of relief :) And good news, he took out my feeding tube! He wants to leave the drain in for another two weeks and he'll check me out again. The big tube in my belly connected to the drain though is slowly working its way out of me, so there's a chance it might fall out over the next week or so. Hope I don't leak too badly. He also said that my leak looks really small, almost non existent, which is awesome news. So all in all, a good visit. Oh, and i'm on mushies now too :)

debs
Back to top Go down
Delia

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   19/07/13, 08:12 am

Hi Girls just popping in to see how every one is.
Deb  am so sorry you sleeving did not go to plan.
Delia
Back to top Go down
http://deliahereiam.blogspot.com/
zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   18/07/13, 06:13 am

Back to top Go down
debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   18/07/13, 01:50 am

Thanks! No idea Tara but I go and see him tomorrow. I'm hoping he'll take the feeding tube out at least as i'm getting stuff in ok...just the reflux but a lot of sleevers get than don't they. The drain is still catching all this much so that means the leak is still there so i'm guessing he'll be leaving that in place. I can let you all know tomorrow arvo...fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   17/07/13, 08:56 pm

bow bow bow bow bow bow bow bow bow bow bow bow bow bow

Good to hear Debs
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   17/07/13, 12:06 pm

Eeeek Debs that is great news !!

Any idea on how much longer you'll have the drains ?

Tara
Back to top Go down
debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   17/07/13, 10:33 am

I am. I feel a little better each day. Still quite weak but compared to being flat out on my back for three months i'll take it. I think i'll start to really improve when I get the drains and tubes out of me...they're starting to pull and irritate.
But overall, i'm feeling so much better than I have in months. :)
Back to top Go down
zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   17/07/13, 04:04 am

are you feeling a little bit better Deb?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   

Back to top Go down

2008 Junies and Friends
Page 3 of 21Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next