HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

2008 Junies and Friends

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
AuthorMessage
zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   29/01/13, 08:14 pm

I havent checked today yet Deb but so far they havent touched the bagged ones...mind you it would take much to rip through one but perhaps they are not the smartest of creatures

Yes its most frustrating to go up and find perfectly formed large fruit, not quite ripe, on the ground only half eaten and laying around several others with just one or two bites out of them. Its such a bloody waste.
Back to top Go down
debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   29/01/13, 10:25 am

I love mangos, really hope you get to salvage some Zip. My sis has a mango tree in her yard with big gorgeous fruit this year but the bats are eating them before they're ripe enough to pick, or they're going bad. Very frustrating. How are the bags working out. does it keep them at bay?

God its been steamy here!
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   29/01/13, 01:27 am

oh no the rabbits eat all our veges. They leave potatoes and asparagus. I have given up on the rest.
Back to top Go down
zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   29/01/13, 12:58 am

The bats clean up on our citrus too...and our apples. Luckily the apple trees are nice trees on their own so I kept them.

We used to have plums and nectrines and apricots but it was frigging hopeless. The mango trees have taken so long to fruit productively and this year is a bumper crop with biiiig beautiful fruit and I will be dammed if those flying furry rats are going to eat them all.

Anywho just checked them and they are still in tact, though I had to nick a hole in the bottom of each bag to let the rain water drain out.

I wonder how the big farmers go with their crops.. they must have some sort of deterent to stop the bloody things. Between the bats, the possums and the bloody parrots its a fight to survive here with fruit.

I keep them out of my vege garden with big rubber snakes. I have their heads suspended by fishing wire so it looks like they are moving and ready to strike....so far so good and all my lettuce and martas came into my kitchen this year.

Who would think the bloody birds would chew the lettuce to the ground. The only thing they dont touch is my spring onions or my spinach.

Feckers!
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   28/01/13, 11:17 pm

LOL

We have given up on fruit. The birds only leave us citrus and they share the figs as there are so many of them.
Back to top Go down
zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   28/01/13, 11:15 pm

our grass is near knee high... tomorrow its supposed to be sunny and steamy, which means the grass will grow at super speed but will be still toooooo wet to mow

Awesom, awesom news for me ...NOT!

I spent a good hour or more yesterday in persisting down rain knotting coles bags round my mangos in an effort to fight off the bloody possums and bats.

Mungrels... I was drenched through to the skin and came off the ladder I dragged up there to get the higher ones so I was not only wet but scraped and muddy.

The language was colorful and I invented a few new words as well as accessed some of the old friends I havent used in years.

I am about to toddle up there and see if the bastards unwrapped them over night to gourge on the succulent flesh of my lovely fruit.

I may have to buy a gun!
Back to top Go down
Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   28/01/13, 10:00 pm

Likewise, Linda. Hope everyone is dry and safe up there.
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   28/01/13, 09:39 pm

I was wondering how everyone is faring.
Back to top Go down
zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   28/01/13, 09:20 pm

I havent grown scales or webbed feet yet but I am working on growing more kiloage.... if it rains ...I eat!
Back to top Go down
debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   26/01/13, 11:11 am

Thanks Linda. Yeah did you see the flooding up in QLD? Crazy. They reckon we're going to get flooding here in the Manning too. So hot and humid and wet. Hope you're ok Del.
debs
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   25/01/13, 09:23 pm

That is lovely Debs. We had a few spots of rain yesterday and that was it. Everything is very dry and very brown. Hence all the fires.

I hope Del is not flooded out.
Back to top Go down
debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   25/01/13, 09:00 am

Hasn't the weather sucked ARSE here Zip. Exactly as you say...raining one minute, hot and steamy the next. The nights are so stuffy, everything feels damp and its hard to plan anything because its likely to be rain out. Getting really over it too. Did you have a nice coffee in gloria jeans? Have you had their white choc mocha? OMFG. lol

Yep i know what you mean about being chunkus with the mosaics...and its so hot inside the studio where i did it. It is very enjoyable though and quite calming, though i cut myself pretty much everytime i do it. lol

So funny about your daughter...poor thing. I'm glad she has a sense of humour. Some people just can't laugh at themselves. My sisters call me Miss Prissy...not that i am, i think its just from shyness...plus i was never quite as rough and ready as they were. lol

ok, here is a pic of a mosaic i did...its a wall panel done on a piece of blue gum i routed out...
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   24/01/13, 11:27 pm

lol
Back to top Go down
zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   24/01/13, 11:19 pm

Forgot to say Linda that my youngest daughters family nick name is O.B... it stands for 'ore bag (whore bag) ...cos she is so prissy and uptight... its not appropriate to call her whore bag...('Ore bag) in public so it got shortened to OB years ago.

She is super uptight and prissy and one day she came out and was dressed in a short sundress which she usually wouldnt wear cos she is sooooo conservative and asked us all if it was too "cheap looking" we all laughed and said " you are such a whore bag, slut, mole in that dress!"...( the saying is out of a movie with brittany murphy in it)

It kinda stuck and her nick name became 'ore bag...and now O.B

So you could go with that if you want to go with your inner harlet Linda Binda
Back to top Go down
zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   24/01/13, 10:59 pm

Yeah I think I will Debs... I loved mosaics but it didnt love me. When I did it, it was prior to the band so I was 135kgs... which is not conducive to bending over cutting up lil peices of glass and gluing them down...the belly got in the road.. I sweated all over the peice and my back killed me.

As much as I loved it the pain and discomfort out weighed the joy. I think it would be much easier and enjoyable now so I will def give it a go this year.

It will give me something else to fixate on instead of food. I am pretty sure I have and addictive personality which is why I become so in cycle with things like peanut butter etc and just have to have it daily.

If I can substitue it with something non food then maybe I can open up a few windows to myself and let in some fresh air.

Dont get me wrong being habitual about food has worked well for me cos I can set myself a diet and eat it every single frigging day..but it cant be healthy I would imagine.

Going to wander the town today.. sick of the rain and heat we have here at the moment...one minute its bloody raining then its breaking up and its sunny and steaming hot then its clouding over and raining again...this can happen 4 or five times a day and its driving me nuts.

I shall go find a chair in gloria jeans and wallow me thinks
Back to top Go down
debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   24/01/13, 12:00 pm

OB? Oh dear! OB could suit him aswell? Obnoxious bastard? lol At least the booze helps with the rocking Linda...we gotta take our victories where we can get them.

I'm glad you're not stressed about the band out Tara. I was the same, just wanted it gone. So much better now it is as i haven't spewed once. I'm getting fatter but that's my own fault for putting food in my face all the time.

I totally understand what you're saying with the sleeve Zip. Having wls of any kind really holds a mirror up to your greedy soul. It is still a head game. I can imagine, as you say, its the same with the sleeve, the same old demons to do battle with. I'm just counting on the fact that the battle will feel more achievable....and if i slip up, as i know i WILL do many times, i'm hoping the damage done won't be as bad as it could have been. All we can do is hope. lol

Zip mosaics is my favourite. I did a stained glass course here and made that window but i've been doing mosaics for quite a while. If i can find a pic of something i've made i''ll post it. You should definitely do another class.
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   24/01/13, 07:32 am

I love your honesty. I think a sleeve would be useless for me. I just need to give up the grog. Maybe join AA. Nah I am still rocking and it makes me feel better so stuff it. My husband came out this morning with a new name for me OB. I asked what that was and he said obnoxious bitch. I must have not wanted to go to bed when he wanted me too. I really can't remember and quite frankly don't give a flying F anyway. LOL
Back to top Go down
zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   24/01/13, 06:45 am

Debs I love your window... Ive always wanted to learn stained glass but Im a gimp... I did a mosaics class a few years ago and loved that...made a bowl and never did anything else.... my new years thing was to do another course...so you never know.

Loosinit I was quite perplexed at first ...ya scared me you buggar!

Yes to a band to sleeve thread...cant hurt and as linda said it keeps the stories all in one section...perhaps Deliah can help. The owner of the site is a sleever so I dont see it being an issue.

As for foooood...hmmm in an effort to turn around my xmas hoovering...(sleeve or no sleeve if your commited to food you find a way to get it in) and gaining 2 kilos I have been attempting ( and I use the term loosly) to get back on track.

SO.. I dumped all alcohol and most... well some of the crap and have been trying to go back to basics which has seen a kilo gone...

I have been having steak and salad...chicken wings ( I can eat 2 wings with out the drummet bit on the end) or omlettes... cheese stringer sticks...way too much peanut butter and a shit load of french vanilla almonds.

I am slowly getting my head into not grazing which has been my main problem but I do function best with smaller feeds often.

I was scared cos after Xmas I seemed to be constantly hungry but it was just head stuff which I realise now but at the time I was in failure mode.

It really is a hard road no matter what weightloss surgery you choose... band, sleeve or bypass. This is much easier and liveable than the band but still if you really put your back into it you can definitely put weight on and eat shit all day... all ya gotta do is eat slider foods, ignore the fact your not hungry and drink grog.

All of which I did with absolute brilliant abandon for 4 weeks. Mind you Im lucky it was only 2 kilos ... any other year it would have been 10!
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   24/01/13, 05:33 am

Hi All,

Debs Dude !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's totally awesome.

Well, I am clearly not nearly as excited as the people on the surgery show, I got a call this morning from the Hospital asking why I was not at my pre-surgery appointment today. Well who knew time was moving soooooo quickly eh.

I am soooo totally non plussed (is that the right phrase) by it all -I kinda just figured I'd barrel up and say "rip it out peeps" and head home quick smart .. to the bread and pizza, OHHH ... and the fruit and vegies.

So shit, now I gotta face reality and start planning ahead and taking time off work etc etc. Erk.

As for my diet, Chocolate from Aldi and Dare milks as a rule.
Then occasionally I cook something and spew it and then more choc.
Back to top Go down
debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   24/01/13, 04:42 am

Thanks my lovely Linda!
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   23/01/13, 08:29 pm

Very noice!
Back to top Go down
debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   23/01/13, 11:23 am

the stained glass window i made for the bathroom...as you can see its not installed, its just standing against the loungroom window to show what it looks like...have i posted this before? I don't remember. lol
Back to top Go down
debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   23/01/13, 11:11 am

Well! My appetite has increased for sure in the last week or so, thoug i don't think its quite back to pre-band levels. Maybe there's still a bit of swelling in the tum or something. I am up to 101kg. Arrrgghhhhh.... mind you, my skinny partner has been trying to watch his weight (got a little beer belly) and he's given up sugar in his coffee's (about 6 coffee's a day) for stevia. He's also been walking...and he says to me today that he's put ON 5kg! Hahahahaha...oh i know i shouldn't laugh but you know how skinny people can just, you know, sometimes really giVE YOU THE SHITS. LOL Poor bugger, i need to be nicer don't i.
What have i been eating? God...the shame....well todays 'diet'
Breaky: A coffee
Lunch: a roll with chicken, chips and gravey
Dinner: chicken satay and rice
snack: two pieces of brownie and a cup of coffee.
Bloody hell...when you write it down it makes you embaressed. Come on sleeve!!!!!!
My art? I love my art...i actually been doing some stained glass art and made a window to go in the bathroom. I'll post it if i can find a good pic.
What are you eating Tara...what's you daily menu :)

I watched that show tonight and saw those ladies...they did well didn't they. I guess you can't know how you'll do in six years time, all you can do is try hey.
Back to top Go down
Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   23/01/13, 10:23 am

Oh how painful - I'm watching the fat show on ABC and it almost sickens me to see how enthusiastic these people are. To be fair, I was pretty excited when weight was coming off too, and I thought I had found the answer to my lifelong struggle with weight.

As Linda said, I'd like to see how they feel in six years time, whether the enthusiasm remains. One lady actually said tonight 'they've banded my stomach, not my head'. Hmmmm - now where have I heard that before?

I seriously do hope they succeed. Only those who have struggled with weight can really understand.
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   23/01/13, 08:52 am

Ba hahahahahah Losin it .. I actually have tears (the good ones) in my eyes !!

Actually on that note .. I'm telling people I'm having lap band related surgery cos a couple I told said exactly that - you haven't tried blah blah. So eff it all secret squirrel going in this time I think.
Ha now I am a famous blabber mouth so let's see how long I last.

Another EDIT .. gosh I dunno if I even remember HOW to start a thread here.

And b*gger it we actually haven't had a troll in here have we. Ha poor bastard would probably run screaming and crying !

T
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   

Back to top Go down

2008 Junies and Friends
Page 18 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next