HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

2008 Junies and Friends

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   22/08/13, 09:00 am

Not feeling too bad. Turns out my lump under the drain site was an infection, so the doc stuck a big needle in and sucked out some pus and put me on antibiotics....so far so good.

I've been eating a bit shitty, not 'dieting' as I probably should therefor weightloss has totally stopped...sigh...need to get my head right. (The story of my life!) lol

I hope you're ok losingit. Just took my dad to hospital and he needed a stent in his vein/artery..something. Heart attack averted for the time being. Losingit, you must go to the doc if it happens again ok...don't make us all gang up on you! I hear Tara is a fighter. :)

debs
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   21/08/13, 10:01 pm

Yeah only ok here. Do you think it is the weather. It even snowed here on Monday. I know I should do something. Nothing fits, I feel yuk and I just can't get off my arse and start.
Back to top Go down
Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   21/08/13, 12:22 pm

Too bloody late for me, I can tell you.  Managed to avoid a heart attack - just - the other night.  Severe chest pain and nausea, felt really awful.  I was at work and they threatened to get an ambulance, to which I flatly refused.  Said I'd rather die of a heart attack than the embarrassment of a medical examination.  Guess I've got a few more days left.

Wouldn't you think that a health scare might make me do something about it?  Nup - stubborn and pigheaded I am.  

Yes - it's quiet in here. 

Hope everyone else is travelling . . . . I was going to say well, but let's settle for ok.
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   21/08/13, 09:51 am

Righto Girls,

Where are we all .. report for duty please.

I've been feeling rather hopeless of late and I'm wondering if a few of us are a bit yuck at the moment ? Cos we sure are quiet.

Anyway I wanted to say something positive, ya know, "Go team us" or "We can do it"  but I don't wanna sound patronising or daggy ... ah to hell with it -- I'm going in ....

"We are Woman hear us roar !!" Yep we totally CAN do this !! (hahaha and maybe even stay sane doing it- do you think it's too late ?)

Mwah,
Tara
Back to top Go down
debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   11/08/13, 07:06 am

I'm still not 100% sure what happened. He told me one thing right after it happened...that the bougie got stuck and sucked itself to my stomach and it had to be cut out??? Then he told my mum and partner something else a week or so later. Then a couple of months in I asked his intern and he told us something completely different again so the story kept changing....to this day I still don't know if i'd get a straight answer.  I was quite heavily drugged for a lot of the time so my memory is hazy. When I was in Sydney one of the nurses let slip that he caused another small hole when he took the stent out as it was stuck also, so it was many more weeks in hospital.

I did think about suing but i'm just not the suing kind, plus he did help me in the end. Although over the last few days a big hard lump has come up just under where my drain was...its very painful and is about the size of a 50cent piece. I don't know if its infection or scar tissue or adhesions or what so i'm going to my gp when I can get in to see her and I see the surgeon again in a couple of weeks. I'm sure he'll be rapt! I just hope it not something that needs to be cut out because that'll mean another hospital stay. Yay. NOT.
Back to top Go down
zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   10/08/13, 09:56 pm

so deb have you been told exactly what it is that he did wrong that arsed up your sleeve
Back to top Go down
suzzie

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   10/08/13, 10:25 am

Smile ok thanks  for that lol i thought it had something to do with banding lol silly me !
Oh deb that is awful can you sue him ?? Some Doctors should not have licence's  i am so glad your on the mend and i hope you feel your normal self soon !Cheer
Back to top Go down
debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   10/08/13, 09:58 am

Thanks Suzzie, yep it has definitely been hard but i'm just so glad it is over...just getting used to my new tum still. What happened with me is very rare..it wasn't even a typical suture line leak, it was something my doc did that caused all the problems. It basically shouldn't have happened. But we get over these things and move on. I can understand your struggle with the band, I remember it well! I'm sure you will start to feel better when the weather warms up.

Linda that is great news re the rocking. Even a slight improvement is something hey, and hopefully it will continue to improve. Really great news.

debs
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   10/08/13, 09:16 am

It is a medical condition that I have. I feel like I just got off a boat. I rock I sway and I bob. But I don't physically my brain hasn't reset itself that I am not on a boat any more.
Back to top Go down
suzzie

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   10/08/13, 07:47 am

Sorry for sounding dumb But what is rocking ?????
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   10/08/13, 05:45 am

OOh Linda are you a little bit less rocky ???

I Know it's only been a week but that's kinda exciting !!
Hope it continues to improve !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tara
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   10/08/13, 01:03 am

Hi Suzzie

You are not alone. As bandits we aren't doing well at all. I only know of a few who have been able to keep the weight off.

I have been on the garcia cambodia plant extract for a week. I think it has diminished my appetite. I mainly took it because someone on the mal de debarquement site said that it stopped her rocking. I think there is an improvement in that too.
Back to top Go down
suzzie

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   10/08/13, 12:36 am

Hi Guys will looks like Deb's has been through hell and back with her sleeve !
 I was considering having it done but reading through your posts and seeing what you are all going through ( i know each one is different ) i am scared shitless and think i will stick with the band i can not afford three months in hospital i am the main bread winner at the moment ! Deb your amazing with what you have gone through to still smile laugh and have a sense of humour about it all ! i would be a blubbering mess on the floor not wanting to face life my goodness your awesome !!!!
 I am gaining weight in a rapid time and am mega depressed which is in its right a viscous circle isn't it depression and weight go hand in hand ! But winter does this to me i hate it and just hibernate waiting for spring to embrace me with her warmth and freshness and then i am hoping to feel human again .. I started last week on that new extracted from the states that was on doctor oz slim and accelatrater  with the garcia cambodia plant extract no weight loss yet thinking may be another gimmick  but i suppose i should be more positive and keep going a week is nothing with weight loss .. With no fluid in my band i am once again having the awful tummy grumbles and hunger pangs something i have not felt for the last three years Hating all of it ... will girls i hope you are all happy and well and life smiling down on you all i did leave a detail story on one of the other pages in to my fight against Tamaris  ..  cheers the chubbier me  Suzzie ....
Back to top Go down
debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   07/08/13, 07:22 am

I'm not doing too badly. I still get nauseated after I eat and tummy still feels full of air. Doc said it could be because he had to re-route my bowel and sew a section of it to my stomach so maybe air is getting trapped in there? I don't think he knows but it doesn't feel like a normal tummy yet. I guess its just going to take a bit longer than usual. I do think i'm slowly improving though which is good. I'm addicted to sesame wheat crackers with tomato. lol
I find that I want to pick though, and I was never much of a picker...just had three big main meals, but now I have to fight the urge to pick all the time. Grrrr....the old head vs hunger battle i'm guessing.

My weight is down to 85kg now and I was 101 when I left hospital so I guess that's good. It seems to have stalled though, but they say that's normal too don't they?

Can't say I love my sleeve yet...I think its going to take time after everything that happened, but its nice to fit into a size 16 for a change. lol
Back to top Go down
zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   06/08/13, 10:15 pm

Hey Deb... how ya doing lubbly... has your tummy settled yet...how is the weight going... are you feeling happier.

For some reason the swiss vitamin mood tabs make me feel hungry and I am just constantly looking for food...not awesom cos I eat then feel over full.
Back to top Go down
debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   06/08/13, 01:55 am

Sorry Zip, what an A-hole. Glad she is gone...hopefully out of your life for good! Good riddance to firey bee balls!
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   05/08/13, 09:37 am

Awww doo dah you're the best - thank you !!
Back to top Go down
zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   05/08/13, 04:47 am

No no Tara you didnt say anything wrong at all... I was not at all upset by it and you were right in part that I am looking at a job start, its just that the process can take a couple of months in paper work etc.

Its a long drawn out process. I dont know if you have read CC's thread but her job took nearly 3 months to sort and get her start.

Please dont think you said the wrong thing cos ya didnt.

And yes Miss loosinit... where iz ya??
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   05/08/13, 04:37 am

She is one of those women that give the rest of us women a bad name.

It makes me mad !!

Sorry I spoke outta turn on the other site .. I thought about whether to say anything or not and went with the foot in mouth choice.

It's nice to have you around again. Speaking of which ... Losin' it -- report for duty please.

Tara
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   04/08/13, 10:48 pm

Bravo
Back to top Go down
zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   04/08/13, 10:34 pm

Yeah I have to say I feel no remorse about doing the skippy dance when I heard the news.... though I had been hoping for a random bee attack where they had to use a blow torch to ignite the bee ball on her...sadly in my thoughts she did not survive the ignition as someone used petrol to put her out Mooner

Last edited by zippy on 04/08/13, 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   04/08/13, 10:17 pm

Glad you got that off your chest! Tis good that she got the sack too.
Back to top Go down
zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   04/08/13, 09:45 pm

job is still in the works...ittakes months to get processed so dont see anything happening till xmas.

Shit is stil going on here but the other party just got the sack so she wont be mailing and texting my husband everyday as of thursday ...bout freaking time.

He is trying to fix things here but having her continually snivelling round him and him having to be politically polite etc pisses me off to the extreme and makes zippy zappy!!

I have never been a nagging miserable jelouse bitch in my life but I have taken to the persona like a farking duck to water.

I purchased some swiss mood defuc$ uppers the other day and those along with the knowledge that the hound has been canned has helped.

Saw a works pic on his computer of her...tiny build like a child...white blond hair dresses like she stepped out of the 80s...very daggy looking outfit..stone wash jeans pulled up high to enhance camel toeage..matching denim jacket and a scarf knotted round its scrawny neck (not tight enough for my liking)  and very plain looking in the face...no makeup and hair very lank...she is built like a 10 year old boy with less boobs

Guess my standards are way too high huh
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   03/08/13, 07:11 am

Hi Debs

I only got it on Thursday night so started yesterday. It is powder and you just take a tiny scoop. There is 80 days worth in the packet.

I will report back in a week.

Glad you are doing well now.

Oi Trish did you take the job?
Back to top Go down
debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   03/08/13, 05:17 am

Any news on the Garcinia pills Linda?

I saw Dr P again and he says i'm doing well. I said 'thankgod that's all over'' and he had the biggest look of relief on his face and said 'we all thank god its all over' and laughed. I'll bet! lol 

debs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   

Back to top Go down

2008 Junies and Friends
Page 2 of 21Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next