HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Motivation Once ReBanded and At Goal

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
zippy

zippy

Motivation Once ReBanded and At Goal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motivation Once ReBanded and At Goal   Motivation Once ReBanded and At Goal Empty24/04/12, 12:04 am

You will need to be super cautious with your new pouch. After one dialation you are prone to it again quite easily.

SO dont push your portion sizes and be very careful with the types of protein you choose. Anything too heavy or dense will stretch you again. Also guard against getting things stuck.

I had pouch dialation and my doctor offered repositioning but explained that it will more than likely happen again so advised against it.

However, if you can be disciplined I dont see it as an issue. I could not be trusted so opted against it.
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

PostSubject: Re: Motivation Once ReBanded and At Goal   Motivation Once ReBanded and At Goal Empty23/04/12, 02:24 pm

HI Liz
I have had two slips and 4 operations. I had the band undone inside of me for about 5 weeks and did not put on any weight. I watched what I ate and still had the small portions. If you are really worried you could try the dukan diet. You will be eating a lot of protein and that will keep you full.
Delia
Back to top Go down
http://deliahereiam.blogspot.com/
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: Motivation Once ReBanded and At Goal   Motivation Once ReBanded and At Goal Empty21/04/12, 07:16 am

Well done Liz

There are a few bandits and exbandits on here who will be able to help you. I'm afraid I don't have the answers for you.
Back to top Go down
breakmystride

breakmystride

PostSubject: Motivation Once ReBanded and At Goal   Motivation Once ReBanded and At Goal Empty20/04/12, 10:40 am

Hey Guys,

Has anyone else had their band either replaced or re positioned once they have reached their goal weight or are below?

I recently had a lower body lift to shift some of the excess skin and reached below my goal weight - however - my band started having huge problems.

I went in on wednesday and was told I had pouch dilation and an operation to revise it (which I thought may happen because in the early days of my band I threw up a lot constantly for months on end which the doctor thinks helped to shift it) - my surgeon told me in the time since I had the inital lap band operation in 2008 I don't need to be as strict with the liquids and mushies stage - i can do a week/week and a half on liquids and then same for mushies and even progress earlier as it was not a full replacement - the original stitches anchoring the pouch and port were still in place - he just had to revise the pouch dilation to stop the stomach swelling.

My problem is I know I am going to have a really difficult time sticking to fluids - already this time around the healing is easier - i can drink an entire glass of water without it taking an hour and there is very minimal discomfort. Also, as I am at my goal - I don't have the same motivation to NOT eat food at the moment to help my weight loss - all I can think about is food!!

Anyone been through this or can offer some tips or encouragement or motivation to help me out - the last thing I want to do is push this too hard but I know by next week I will be really struggling!!!!

Liz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Motivation Once ReBanded and At Goal   Motivation Once ReBanded and At Goal Empty

Back to top Go down

Motivation Once ReBanded and At Goal
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Welcome to the site! :: General Lapband Chat-
Jump to: