Carrot Cake

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Delia
Delia

Carrot Cake Empty
PostSubject: Carrot Cake   Carrot Cake Empty16/04/12, 01:41 pm

Pumpkin Cake

Hey everyone! I was trying to decide where to post this, since its a spin off of Vanilla Moist Cake found in Sweets at the following link http://www.dukaners.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 836c8716ad

I used the 2nd recipe from that thread, the one listed below. Make as it says, I used a loaf pan and cooked for 28 minutes. Instead of a container of yogurt as it says, I only used 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt (I've tried it with plain too, which also works), and then added 1/2 cup canned pumpkin, 1 tsp cinnamon, a dash of ground ginger and a dash of ground cloves. I also added an extra 1/4 tsp Baking Powder. i think it turns out a little bit better when made with Splenda instead of Stevia, but in both cases I use about 10 packets of the sweetener.
Same serving size as listed below, 1/2 the loaf is one serving. It doesn't get very brown on top like the Vanilla version. Wonderful if served with some eggs and a latte, see pic! Enjoy!

Leana wrote:
This recipe has become a hit in the -15kg forum, so perhaps we should share it here too. If it was posted already, my apologies.
Source: http://mydukandiary.wordpress.com/2010/ ... in-recipe/

Makes 6 Muffins - Suitable for Cruise Phase

* 2 tbsp Wheat Bran
* 4 tbsp Oat Bran
* 6 tbsp Skim Milk Powder
* 3 Egg Whites
* 1 Whole Egg
* 1 tub (175g) Fat Free Vanilla Yoghurt
* 3 tbsp Sweetener (I use Splenda)
* 1 tsp Baking Powder
* 1tsp Vanilla Extract
* Dash of Cinnamon

1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celcius (350 F). Line a texas muffin tin with large cupcake liners…this saved on cleaning up and since the muffins tend to stick, you don’t have to worry about using and fats to grease the tin.
2. Place Yoghurt, Egg White and Egg into a blender and give a quick whizz until it’s all combined.
3. Add all the other ingredients and whizz again until well combined…you might need to scrape the sides down with a spatula.
4. Pour evenly into the 6 muffin cups.
5. Bake for 25 minutes.
6. Let the muffins cool for a while in the tray, then transfer them to a wire rack if you have one.
7. Enjoy!

* The tops get very brown, that’s ok, it doesn’t affect the taste.
* The finished muffins don’t turn out huge in the end, more like regular size, because they sink when they come out of the oven.
* Also works as cake: just pour into loaf tin.

and always comes out just perfect!
And the best part is that you can eat HALF of the cake every day!
Back to top Go down
http://deliahereiam.blogspot.com/

Carrot Cake
Page 1 of 1