HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

2008 Junies and Friends

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   01/12/12, 05:59 am

Linda and Delia.... I am thinking of getting my eldest daughter a kindle for Xmas but I know nothing about them.

So ... are there different types and what is the best way to go. My daughter is an avid reader and is currently using her iphone to read books and has mentioned she would love a kindle.

So any help would be greatly appreciated. I noticed big W has a kindle black on special this week for a little over the hundred mark... is this good or not so good
Back to top Go down
debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   28/11/12, 11:57 pm

Hahahahaha...i will have to try that! Yeah i was brought up to be polite too, but it was more my dad who was the angriest man on earth so you didn't dare defy him or speak up to him. (Everyone but my youngest sister (the favourite of his) grew up with that cranky old bastard like little mice. Now she is the nutbag wih the temper and is unreasonable and nasty (conincidence? I think not :)
Now we're all older though we get on better and i can give the old man a decent serve, but for some reason i can't do it with anyone else...a lifetime of mouse training. LOL

I'm definitely going to try 'the look' though....stand back! Hahaha...

Actually my man said something to me once about me being so quiet and not at all like his past bad mouthed screaming partners....he said my quietness actually makes him more wary in a way because he never quite knows what i'm thinking. Hahahaha...
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   28/11/12, 08:21 pm

I have also been told by a psychologist that saying "SHUT THE FUCK UP" in the loudest voice in your head will also deliver a look on your face that will let people know you are not in the mood for their comment and will bac them down

LOL

I wonder what look I get when I say it out loud
Back to top Go down
zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   28/11/12, 07:38 pm

debs i am non confrontational too.. its what mum taught me to do in the name of being polite...however she only taught me to be a door mat.

As the years have gone on I have developed the look. Its and extended eye contact with a slight mean eyed squint aimed at the person that offended me... its like a silent growel.

I didnot notice I did it but my husband says its quite scary when I do it in responce to someone saying something I dont like or that hurt.

Apparently it puts them off big time...so maybe you can practice this in the mirror and use it when they comment .... it will be your ' piss off now, shut your mouth or Im gonna tear your throat out' look.

I have also been told by a psychologist that saying "SHUT THE FUCK UP" in the loudest voice in your head will also deliver a look on your face that will let people know you are not in the mood for their comment and will bac them down.

maybe this is how my look of death came about cos I can tell you the stream of expletives in my nut when they start is quite colorful!
Back to top Go down
Delia

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   28/11/12, 02:13 pm

Debs you bean pols husband sounds just like my bean pole husband.
Back to top Go down
http://deliahereiam.blogspot.com/
debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   28/11/12, 12:11 pm

Thanks Linda, thanks Zip. You girls are great. It does have the opposite effect doesn't it...people give you grief and you want to eat more out of spite. PLus they just make you feel miserable which makes you want to eat bad things. I have been ingoring them so far, i just kind of bite my tongue and swallow my anger down. That's not good either i know but its how i've alwys done it, i hate confrontations. Strangley i've always suffered with tonsilitis....hmmmm i always wonder about that mind/body connection.

I'm glad you didn't have too many adhesions Zip, or too much scaring. I've heard of people getting the bands cut out of their livers! Horrid stuff. I'm glad to hear i might be off my food for a while after the op....that'll be a nice change. lol I just can't wait until its all over. Although i bet when i get the sleeve i'll have the same problem but in reverse...'you're not eating enough' 'you're loosing weight too fast' 'it can't be healthy to only eat that much' etc..etc... you can't win!
I'd love to just have the nads to say 'shut up, don't tell me what to eat. I'm not five years old. If i want to eat it i will, and you telling me not to only makes me want to do it more. DO i tell you how many beers you can have? Or make you feel guilty with dirty looks if you have more than one? No? Well treat me the same. My weight is my issue and i'm taking steps to deal with it, if you don't like how i'm doing it then eff off. ' Phew! I feel so much better! lol :)
Back to top Go down
zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   28/11/12, 03:56 am

Dont worry about them Debs, once the band comes out its best you eat normally to get the tummy to unpleat so to speak so let them beat their gums and keep doing what you have to do for you...they do not reside in your skin!

As for adhesions I did have some but not to bad he said... not a lot of scaring but there was some there. Which when you think about the fact that they literally have to cut and dig the band out of your gut, your not going to get away unscathed.

I found it hurt to eat after the band was removed if I ate too much. It was as if I had barbed wire around my gut. I would say that the scaring was tighter round my belly where the band was removed.

I dont have that since I have had the sleeve done. I have a comfortable warm fullness now provided I dont over do it then I feel over full and sick and want to spew but no pain so to speak.

At first when the sleeve was done, a tablespoon of food got me comfortable but now its a 1/4 of a cup to a half a cup depending how heavy or dense the food is.

Band removal was easy and for a month or so I had little to no hunger but then it came back with a vengence. I gained 10 kg during this phase....and by God I enjoyed it and do not regret one frigging mouthful.

To this day I dont regret eating the wrong thing. Somedays even with the sleeve it is a little more relaxed and I can get more down and I do. But I have found that feeling guilt about it is the single worst thing I can do as I will go into a spiral of guilt gutzing.

So I allow myself the days I get depressed and food medicate or just eat out of pleasure and I find if I allow myself these days that I get over it in a day and its finished where prior I would feel guilty, hate myself and then binge for days.

So moral is..fark all their opinions, put your fingers in your ears and go "la la laaaaa I cant frigging hear you" let them tend to them selves and you look after you and if you farking want to eat it have it and walk away but dont eat it... let them beat you down with words then start stuffing food down to push the pain and guilt away.

People mean well I suppose but they know stuff all so ignore them!
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   28/11/12, 03:23 am

Sounds pretty normal to me Debs. If they pass comment and have that holier than thou attitude it sends you right the other way. Don't you feel like telling them to jam it where the sun don't shine.
Back to top Go down
debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   27/11/12, 11:52 pm

Linda the western world is screwed...that has been our diet for decades. Ever since they told everyone fat was bad and grains were good. Lying Bastards! LOL If that were true you wouldn't drop a load of weight on diets like Atkins etc hey. I know saturated fats are bad..or trans fats, but i believe sugar is way worse and sugar is in everything now, everything! Sigh.

Hey Zip, when you had your and out did Dr P say if you did have any scaring or adheasions for real? DId the band change things physically in your gut? I know a lot of people have had that problem when they get them taken out...fused to the liver and everything. Jebus!

This 3 month weight :) is going to kill me. Already i have been copping crap from people...strangely its been men, my dad and partner. They're saying things like 'you'll have to really watch your diet with the band coming out' 'I know you, you'll put the weight all back on' 'Geez with the fluid out you can really eat more, you said the band didn't work but you could never eat THAT much' (and i'm only eating normal portions, not like its double serves or anything!) And the other day my partner says 'if you're serious you'd be writing down your calories or keeping a diary or something because i know how you used to eat before the band...' Arrrggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!
Bloody hell, you'd think i was eating for six. I had a bit of blowout when i first got the fill out (think i came here whinging i was being a piggy wiggy) but that wore off and i'm just eating normally now, and even trying to eat a little less because of all the comments. My partner asked yesterday if i'd put any weight on yet and said yes a tiny bit, a kilo or two, and he goes 'you should be counting calories then because i don't think you realise how much you eat.' This from a bean pole who has never had weight problem in his friggin life. AND you'd think by the way he was carrying on i was eating like a monster...i'm not, im not over eating but i'm not dieting either. I said to him 'doc said i will put on a little bit of weight anyway simply because i am not vometing things up anymore' and he goes 'that's just an excuse, you don't have to put it on.' I've been feeling so miserable, its making me want to eat everything in sight...and eat just to spite him. How stupid is that? Anyway, sorry for the whinge....just needed to vent i think. Thanks girls.
debs
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   27/11/12, 08:47 pm

shit grog and carbs

I'm stuffed LOL
Back to top Go down
debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   27/11/12, 11:52 am

That's a good excuse zip...adhesions....very clever! I'm hoping nobody will notice i've gone to hospital for a few days when i have it out. My family will know but usually i don't see too many other people so i'm hoping by the time anyone notices me missing i'll be back. lol

Grog and carbs, that would be bloody right. I hardly drink any booze, maybe a glass of red wine a few times a week...but since i've had the band out i've been having bread again and i've really noticed the gut weight come back. On the band i stuck to a couple of crackers (if they went down) and didn't really have bread at all. Now i love a salad roll or a ham sandwich or some roast potato's etc... i'll need to put a stop on that i think...if i can.

Well done Cate on being able to keep your weight stable. Its a shame you're still spewing though. Have you been back to your doc in a while?

debs
Back to top Go down
zippy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   27/11/12, 06:57 am

Debs I told EVERYONE that I had my band removed. When it came to the sleeve I told them I had to go in and have adhesions removed from the band and it turned out my stomach had adheared to my liver so it was a bigger op than usual and hence why recoup was longer.

I use the fact that I have a load of scaring on the guts from the band as to why I cant eat much now.

It has worked a treat and no one has questioned it

As for the belly fat...grog and carbs...trust me I had the same issues and thats what it came down to....its either both or one or the other... I sadly had both
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   26/11/12, 11:41 am

Cate,

Hi there !! Lovely to see you here.
Good work on keeping you weight steady.

Tara
Back to top Go down
catton54

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   26/11/12, 11:03 am

Just visiting to say hi....Interesting to read that Delia is having some put back in, have thoughts about it also as it has been over 18mths since I have had a fill, but still vomit alot, and have restriction.....but get hungry alot.....which leads me to junk eating...have not gain weight, nor lost any more, would love to drop another 10kgs, I think I could if I put my mind to it!!!!.....

Cate
Back to top Go down
debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   26/11/12, 10:55 am

Welcome back Delia!
debsx
Back to top Go down
Delia

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   26/11/12, 12:11 am

Hi Girls
I arrived home yesterday afternoon. Train broke down so I took one
home two days later. I like the private room and enjoyed the trip. Still a long
time 21hours on train.

I ate heaps that I normally don't and have put on 2k but hay I am back on
the Dukan today so it will come off fast.

I thinking I may have to get .5 of the mil back in the band as I have not
restriction at all. I have had 1.7 ml out over three times so will think hard
on it. I would like to do it without if I can. Christmas coming up and so many
parties so it will be hard.

Good to see a couple of you are off for sleeving.

Chat soon Delia
Back to top Go down
http://deliahereiam.blogspot.com/
debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   23/11/12, 03:34 am

Very true Linda, i think that might be the way to go. Just hope my gallbladder doesn't actually play up six months after the sleeve! Hahahahaha.... i'll have to come up with some other surgery then....oooh what a twisted web we weave. LOL
I'm lucky in that i've only told my imediate family, best friend, and partner about my band and they know about the sleeve...so it'll just be others who say 'why is deb in hospital?' I could say i had a nervous breakdown from everyone asking me questions. lol
ALL this is on the proviso that i actually LOOSE weight with the sleeve..i still have my doubts...but i've got everything crossed and the feedback seems good on it so....here's hoping.
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   22/11/12, 09:46 pm

Great news Tara. It sounds like the office manager is on to it.

Debs why don't you just tell them the old gall bladder out story. It fits in fine with other WLS. Just go with band removal the first time and then gall bladder the second time. It just flared up and had to come out in a hurry. It is noone elses business any way.
Back to top Go down
debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   22/11/12, 03:18 pm

Yes Tara you need my band removal date...8th of january would be perfect for you. Shame about the mother though. lol It sucks when we don't get on with family :( Luckily i get on great with my mum...but i struggle with my sisters sometimes let me tell you!

Fingers crossed you removal date will be soon.
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   22/11/12, 11:43 am

Actually it's his office manager that's cutting it fine - she knows I want it done asap and keeps moving me forward on his schedule when a spot becomes available. How damn cool is that !!!!!

She knows her stuff and is sure the Band will come out in January so March will be 8 weeks which is his minimum time between the 2 surgeries so she said she reckons it will all fall in to place perfectly and that I should hear from the Hospital regarding band removal very soon.

Actually that's what I thought today's paperwork was, I was shocked it was sleeve not band related.

Ha ha ya know - between the 2 of us we have both dates for the surgeries. If all else fails we'll tell em we are 2 for one.

Mind you I do NOT think I could ever - even for surgery - head down your way cos that's where the Mother is and we must avoid her at all ALL costs !!!!
Oh I am not only a fatty but a bad daughter.

Nite awesome, supportive, wonderful girly girl friends.
Back to top Go down
debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   22/11/12, 11:15 am

Losingit...LOL so funny, you make me laugh...only because i can relate to your frustrations...and well, if you don't laugh what else can you do.
Tara you sound so much like me...around 95kg, back up to size 18's, knees getting sore again, boobs are bigger and now you can see all my rolls again in my t-shits....and its so hard to find decent clothes for fatties....aarrgghhhh i'm back to where i was two years ago practically. God i should stop whinging i know....i think its more i'm frustrated with myself.
That is great news about your sleeve date Tara, how exciting! You'll be done before me then as he won't do me until 3months after band out, so that's mid april almost...and that's if he gets me in straight away. So pleased for you though....he's cutting it fine with the band out date though isn't he? Hopefully it will happen soon. Hey, what does your friends/family think about you getting the band out and sleeve done? I'm kind of worried about people asking me about why i'm going in to hospital....
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   22/11/12, 09:47 am

Hiya girls,

Yep I am a giant pear when it comes to fat distribution.
It's all about the saddlebags ... sadly !!!! Lol Losin' it - I just re-read what you said - the all over fat distribution. Yep.

Debs,
Soooo I lost 40 kgs BUT gained 15kgs. Therefore still 25kgs lost but nah it's all over really. 95 kilos now. Knees are sore again, can't cross legs anymore and just feel basivally uncomfortable etc
Nothing fits, the size 16's are laughable so it's back to size 18's.

I actually looked to buy some new stuff the other day cos I gave all mine away (as you do - 40 kilos lost forever and all that ba ha ha at my own stupidity.) and it was all "fat clothes" styles soooooooo I MUST, MUST do something to keep things under control.
Holy crap I may need to exercise !

As for dates .... I have NO band removal date as yet BUT today my Sleeve date arrived in the post and it is set for 6th March, 2013.

Which is very, very exciting but a little scary not having a band removal date yet.

Linda,

OMG you are my hero - no chocolate in the house AND 2 wine free days ! High five from me.

BUT a minus five for mentioning twisties .. mmmmm twisties !! lol

Laters
Tara
Back to top Go down
Losingit

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   22/11/12, 03:23 am

Legs, thighs, stomach . . . . . . . . arms . . . . . . . . oh, and the worst places - BUM AND HIPS!

I just go for the all over fat fat fat look!

Amazingly, my face belies the rest of my body. It is plump, but not triple-chinned.
Back to top Go down
debs

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   22/11/12, 12:01 am

Oh my god...twisties...mmmmm....

Linda I have a sister who always weighs less than me but looks bigger than me (she doesn't think so though...in her mind as long as she is less on the scales she is smaller than me.) Sisters! lol It is because she is shorter than me too. One thing about a bit of height is that you seem to be able to carry the excess weight a bit better.

Why does it go onto our guts though? I guess everyone is different though, some ladies carry the weight in their legs or hips and bums, other (like me) in their tummies. I hate carrying it in the tummy though, its the unhealthiest place and it looks the worst in my opinion as you loose that feminine shape and just look like an apple. Hate it.

I have to try and reign myself in too....
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   21/11/12, 09:02 pm

I am the same. I had to get some clothes back from my sister. Then she told me she lost 5 kgs without even trying. She weighs 9 kgs less than me. I can only say she is shorter because she looks bloody fat. Mine is straight on in the guts too.

I have reigned myself in. I am trying to eat healthily and actually had 2 alcohol free days. I am not on a diet. I am just doing my best. I don't have any chocolate in the house and I never bother about ice cream. Now if I could chuck out the wine and the twisties it would be a safer place.

Hang in there girls we can do it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Junies and Friends   

Back to top Go down

2008 Junies and Friends
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next