Delia
Westy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Losingit

Losingit

Westys Travels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Westys Travels   Westys Travels Empty21/03/12, 05:22 am

Thanks for that, Zippy. I'm glad she is doing well. Sounds like a dream run so far!

Now - we just hope you are telling us the same sort of thing next week.
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

Westys Travels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Westys Travels   Westys Travels Empty21/03/12, 12:22 am

Just thought I would post an up date for anyone who is interested.

val had her sleeve op on Tuesday the 20th of March. She rang me last night ( the night of the 20th) to let me know she was well and in no pain.

She sounded fabulous...a little hoarse but that would be normal for only being a 5 hours after the surgery ( they put a tube called a bougie down your throat and feed it into your tummy to get the size of the sleeve). She had been up and walking around...been to the loo and was very bright and chipper

This morning she rang me again and her rusty throat was gone and she said she felt normal in fact had the best nights sleep she had ever had. She said she feels so good she could go home. No stiffness in the incisions or pain in the belly, just gurgling when she drinks.

After having ice chips for the first few hours they offered her water to sip. This morning for breakfast she was given a small amount of juice...still no pain just gurgling.

SHe is very happy she had the op and said as an exbandit its a peice of cake...no shoulder pain either.

SO I am sure when she comes back herself she will fill you all in but she has asked me to let everyone know she is sleeved and happy and well

Trish
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

Westys Travels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Westys Travels   Westys Travels Empty15/03/12, 09:15 pm

Yar miss westy and me are in the March thread over at the sleever site... pretty funny bunch much like the Junies were in the good ole days...

It makes the ride easier if you have a group of people who are funny and comforting and down to earth... I have been blessed twice with that experience.
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

Westys Travels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Westys Travels   Westys Travels Empty15/03/12, 10:34 am

Hey Westey

Join the optifast thread. It is the pre sleeve forum.

Sorry for your disappointment with the band but excited for your sleve journey.

Please keep in touch
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

tumultuous-tara

Westys Travels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Westys Travels   Westys Travels Empty15/03/12, 09:57 am

Congrats Westy.

That band of yours was never your friend.

I know you've thinking of the sleeve for quite sometime so I am glad it is happening for you.And so soon.
I wish you success, happiness and skinniness !!

Justin first banded me on March 20th - 3 years ago (a totally irrelevant fact but I thought I'd mention it anyway lol.)

All the best mate,

Tara
Back to top Go down
Losingit

Losingit

Westys Travels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Westys Travels   Westys Travels Empty15/03/12, 09:03 am

I wondered where you had disappeared to! It seems you have succumbed to what (I believe) will befall many bandits, and that's the failure of, or problems with, the band. Sorry to hear you have had a rough trot, but from all I read and research it looks like the sleeve is a MUCH better long-term option. I honestly never thought I would say that, but then not many of us thought we would have issues with the band, especially when it was marketed so skilfully, the downside never mentioned.

I wish you all the best with your surgery, and hope that the outcome is much more favourable than what you have experienced to date.

Take care. Would love to hear from you post-surgery when things have settled a bit.
Back to top Go down
Delia
Delia

Westys Travels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Westys Travels   Westys Travels Empty15/03/12, 08:30 am

Hi Val I have been wondering how you were getting along.
I wish you all the best.
Delia
Back to top Go down
http://deliahereiam.blogspot.com/
Westy

Westy

Westys Travels Empty
PostSubject: Westys Travels   Westys Travels Empty15/03/12, 07:19 am

Hi everyone long time since I have been on Forum.

Well my travels with this band have not been very successfull at all this year. I had been very ill with vomiting and bilemia. I consulted my Baratric Surgeon and discussed the matter, and in the end we decided to have my Lap Band removed. Westys Travels 574946

I have decided to have the Gastric Sleeve. My Surgery is on the 20th March at Greenslopes Private Hospital with the wonderful Justin Greenslade.

I am doing the Opti YukWestys Travels 326109 at the moment and absolutely starving.

Will let you know how it all goes when I come out of Hospital.

Love to Everyone

Westy (Val)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Westys Travels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Westys Travels   Westys Travels Empty

Back to top Go down

Westys Travels
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Welcome to the site! :: General Lapband Chat-
Jump to: