+2
Westy
anewsharon
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Leowen2

Leowen2

Disguising an apron. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disguising an apron.   Disguising an apron. Empty25/05/12, 11:52 am

I'm losing my fat a little slower than others so hopefully to advoid the wobbly bits, my surgeon said to exercise hard and wait at least 2 years before considering a tummy tuck. I recently started to notice a wobbly stomach bit and I'm really excited to have it but I also would one day love to get back to the beach woithout a shirt on.
Back to top Go down
Losingit

Losingit

PostSubject: Re: Disguising an apron.   Disguising an apron. Empty21/10/11, 09:35 am

I find a lot of plastic surgeons are unrealistic in their expectations. Not everyone is going to reach their 'ideal' weight. Sure, we'd all like to have a BMI in the normal range, but for many who have been overweight or obese for most of their lives, it simply is not possible. If you happen to be middle-aged or older, then the reality of that happening is even less.

Hopefully you can find a surgeon who will take into account where you have come from and what is realistic for you, rather than the 'one size fits all' approach. Good luck in your endeavours.
Back to top Go down
Westy

Westy

PostSubject: Re: Disguising an apron.   Disguising an apron. Empty21/10/11, 09:17 am

Hi Everyone

Thanks for the tip of the Slim and lift suits Tara, will get one.

OMG have been ringing around Surgeons about a Tummy Tuck, one Surgeon said I had to be 59 Kgs before he would consider doing a TT, well that will never happen, thats a good 20 kgs plus away. Struggling to loose any weight a the moment (hit a brick wall).

Westy

Starting weight 105 kgs Feb 2011 - 81.4 October 2011
Back to top Go down
newme2011

newme2011

PostSubject: Re: Disguising an apron.   Disguising an apron. Empty20/10/11, 05:55 am

That helped heaps Tara. I've always wondered about those things. I've actually ordered some online so here's hoping. I went for a size 14-16.

I do have a tummy floppy bit that bothers me, but it is reducing and I have asked my PT for specific exercises to help and they do seem to be working, BUT it does involve a 16 kettle bell! Still, being over 50 means that my body isn't as forgiving as it once was, so I think I'll be stuck with a bit of an apron. Hence the online order. I will let you know how they go. They sound very much like the ones Tara recommends - the slim and lift. Stay tuned.

On a positive note, I'm almost at the 30kg mark and the difference is amazing. Wearing sleeveless tops and I am wearing dresses for the first time in years and years and years.

Will let you know how these body wonder bits go Sharon.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara

tumultuous-tara

PostSubject: Re: Disguising an apron.   Disguising an apron. Empty19/10/11, 12:15 pm

Hiya Girls,

This by no means fixes anything and I too am soooo wishing for a Tummy Tuck. (And a leg lift .. and lipo on my things and .........)

But the best and most convenient thing I have found so far is the "California Slim and Lift."

I just buy 'em cheap off ebay with free shipping from China and they cost around 10 bucks.

These are like bike shorts that come up to your bra line.
As they have no shoulder straps so going to the loo does not become a complete undressing debacle.

I've tried quite a few of these shapewear garments and for me these are the best.
(Careful on sizes I'm a big 14 or a small 16 and I buy the XL)

Man there are so many of these things out there (and in my drawer) there's the undies and high waist which makes my thighs look huge-er.
NO THANKS !

There's the whole body suit with no crotch - which you still wear undies under and therefore still need to disrobe completely to pee - or wear your undies over the top .. now talk about a VPL !!

Oh, and I bought the all in one bra/ tummy/ thighs thingy ... that's ok but seriously it just flattens giant saggy boobies down to the navel which kinda defeats the whole tummy sucky in idea in the first place !

And then there's all the size 22 ones I just threw out this weekend - but that is another sad story in itself.

LOL I'm sure I haven't at all .. but hope this helped !

Cheers
Tara
Back to top Go down
anewsharon

anewsharon

PostSubject: Re: Disguising an apron.   Disguising an apron. Empty19/10/11, 11:56 am

Yes I plan on a tummy tuck one day. Its just the up til then times. I will have to learn how to disguise it.
Back to top Go down
Westy

Westy

PostSubject: Re: Disguising an apron.   Disguising an apron. Empty19/10/11, 09:43 am

Hi Sharon

Havent been on for awhile just read about your apron.

OMG I have got that terrible apron as well. I had a consult with my GP and she recommended a Tummy Tuck. Hoefully about March next year, really expensive, just have to save the dollars.

Westy
Back to top Go down
anewsharon

anewsharon

PostSubject: Disguising an apron.   Disguising an apron. Empty23/09/11, 11:06 pm

Does anyone have any tips on disguising an apron of skin hanging down from the stomach. I had a bit of one when I was at my biggest so I expected it would get worse as I lost weight. Now it is quite noticeable when I wear more fitted clothing. I wear shape wear but you can still see it.

Any tips would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Disguising an apron.   Disguising an apron. Empty

Back to top Go down

Disguising an apron.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Welcome to the site! :: General Lapband Chat-
Jump to: