HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Be careful

Go down 
AuthorMessage
debs

PostSubject: Re: Be careful    23/06/11, 01:45 pm

Yeah i have trouble with red meat unless it in a slow cooker (I LOVE slow cooker food! :) I struggle a bit with chicken unless it is in a stir-fry or curry or something. I'm ok with fish too, mostly. When i'm out and have some takeaway i quite like some fish cocktails. I can't do the chips but a few fish cocktails is ok if they're nicely cooked...oh and i have it with tartare sauce. All this talk is making me hungry. lol
Back to top Go down
newme2011

PostSubject: Re: Be careful    23/06/11, 03:50 am

Everyone is different. I can eat sushi just fine - in fact it is my staple when out and about. Just one roll and I'm full and it is pretty healthy. I steer clear of steak - I've had trouble with it and it was cooked only just medium. Pasta and Rice are good for me, but I know a lady who cannot go near rice.
So who knows. But when I'm out I am so careful about choice, the priority is lap-band friendly first, healthy second.
Back to top Go down
Losingit

PostSubject: Re: Be careful    22/06/11, 09:21 am

I have almost no restriction, but certainly wouldn't attempt pasta when I'm out. I ate steak last week, and after the initial issues, had no problems getting it down . . . . . . eventually, but it was totally cold by then. Ate chicken out last week with no probs. Everyone is different.
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: Be careful    22/06/11, 09:18 am

I never eat meat out but have chicken or seafood. I only eat meat if it has been cooked in the slow cooker or a roast with gravy. I wouldn't feel as if it was special being out if I only ate veges.
Back to top Go down
kjnm81

PostSubject: Re: Be careful    22/06/11, 07:58 am

I go the safe option when eating out and eat vegetables only, no meat whatsoever..I dont like to risk it all :)
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: Be careful    22/06/11, 07:43 am

Yes you definitely need a sauce when out. Don't eat sushi. I have given up on that. Also when home, reheated food is a problem. What went down the night before does not necessarily go down the next day after reheating.
Back to top Go down
Delia

PostSubject: Be careful    22/06/11, 04:54 am

Be careful with what you eat and how it is eaten and cooked. Especially the girls that have now got some restriction.

I finely have some restriction. Not a lot most of the time but it is there.

I find I have to drink a hot drink in the morning before eating.

I am still away and when out the other day I did the right thing and ordered a child size grilled fish chips and salad.

Oh what a mistake. I had two small bites, chewed well of the fish and it was stuck. I think I may have had a bite of a chip also. I should have known better. It was over cooked. Even with the dressing it was still too tough. We can’t control how it is cook when out. I hate paying for food and not being able to eat it.

I spent the next 10 minutes in the loo till I got rid of it. It is about 14 months since this has happened to me and I don’t plan on it again. I had forgotten how it was and how much I hated the feeling. I don’t get the pain like I used to get. It is just a very tight/heavy feeling in the chest with a bit of pain since the band has been stitched in.

I think next time when out I will have the lasagne or pasta something with a lot of moisture.

I find it amazing how fish can be when so dry and will not really chew up well. I guess chicken is a bit the same.

Delia

Back to top Go down
http://deliahereiam.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Be careful    

Back to top Go down

Be careful
Page 1 of 1