HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Day 4 Post Op and I still feel YUK!! Help....

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ange

PostSubject: Re: Day 4 Post Op and I still feel YUK!! Help....   10/06/11, 10:08 am

Hi Rani! I am so sorry to hear that you're feeling so yuck! I have a couple of suggestions that worked well for me post op, and I was in a lot of pain too. I had endone also, but found that it didn't actually work nearly as well as INDOCID suppositories which I am sure your doctor can prescribe for you. I was almost re-admitted due to the level of pain I was experiencing but after taking the Indocid and a zantac I was a different person. It reduces the amount of swelling, and combined with a heat pack and some TLC, I think that you will notice a huge difference. Hang in there!
Back to top Go down
zippy

PostSubject: Re: Day 4 Post Op and I still feel YUK!! Help....   10/06/11, 06:09 am

oh you poor lil buggar... those first few days certainly bite... For protein you can get some soy protein isolate its great for mixing into just about anything... I used to get a small can of baked beans and blitze them in a tin of tomato soup, now if you can eat cheese then you can melt a little through this mix heat it up and let cool a bit before adding protein powder ( it will curdle if too hot)... ...

You will probably go through a stage where you feel really yacky on the tummy this recipe really helped as did water iceblocks (The tube variety in the plastic sleeve) and raspberry cordial that is chilled...dont do diet you need to rebalance.

in fact even though its cold at the moment some of those tube ice blocks will be very soothing on your sore tummy plus it will get the liquids into you at a slow rate

For some reason when you feel kharky on the belly raspberry cordial fixes it...go figure.

The pain will subside but make sure to take a stool softener as those pain killers will most certainly turn you into a brick factory.

Third and fourth day after the op is always the worst so it should start to get better from here.

A big hug and welcome to the bandhood... life is so much better when your slimmer
Back to top Go down
Tralee (Trace)

PostSubject: Re: Day 4 Post Op and I still feel YUK!! Help....   10/06/11, 12:01 am

Get better soon Rani nice warm positive thoughts coming your way :) P.s. I love Tassie beautiful place
Back to top Go down
Vogette
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Day 4 Post Op and I still feel YUK!! Help....   09/06/11, 10:49 pm

Rani,

I would say you are going to be a little sorer than most for a while because they had to do a bit more pushing and pulling they they normally would. They don't use that mesh anymore (you'll be pleased to know!), but I would imagine that after 10 years they may have had to "dig" a little....

I agree about the heat pack...pity about your wheat bag being over cooked, but I would be sending your beautiful partner out for another (they make delicious ones with lavender with the wheat as well!)! Hot water bottles (in my opinion) are dangerous...(I work in a burns unit...trust me on this one...) and should be avoided.

As far as fluids go, just sip, sip, sip. Go slowly...you will have a lot of swelling, for the above reasons....

It WILL get better....I know you feel miserable, but every day will get a little easier...

Welcome to our site!
Back to top Go down
Jo

PostSubject: Re: Day 4 Post Op and I still feel YUK!! Help....   09/06/11, 11:39 am

Olivereindeer wrote:
Love those heat packs...
but my beautiful partner put it in the microwave for 4!!!! minutes last night and hence it was actually darkened in spots where the wheat had burned!

oh bummer :-0(

hot water bottle? yes one of the old fashion heat bags hehehee
Back to top Go down
Jo

PostSubject: Re: Day 4 Post Op and I still feel YUK!! Help....   09/06/11, 11:38 am

sorry to hear your not feeling the best.

I agree with anewsharon, a heat bag worked a treat with me.

To get my protein in I buy the tin chic peas & lentils, mabye you could blend them into a soup.
Back to top Go down
Olivereindeer

PostSubject: Re: Day 4 Post Op and I still feel YUK!! Help....   09/06/11, 11:37 am

Love those heat packs...
but my beautiful partner put it in the microwave for 4!!!! minutes last night and hence it was actually darkened in spots where the wheat had burned!
Back to top Go down
anewsharon

PostSubject: Re: Day 4 Post Op and I still feel YUK!! Help....   09/06/11, 11:33 am

Rani things will get better. Have you tried a nice heat bag. One of the wheat ones. They are really nice to put on all your aches and pains.

It will get better soon don't worry.
Back to top Go down
Olivereindeer

PostSubject: Day 4 Post Op and I still feel YUK!! Help....   09/06/11, 10:23 am

Hey, I am day 4 post revision (which took 3 hours as the mesh used to anchor the initial band (2001) had moved and attached itself to my liver!

I still feel very yukky. The bloating has gone down alot but I have pain under my ribs and can't sleep for more than 2-3 hours at a time without waking up in pain. It is not terrible pain but just uncomfy. I am feeling very sleep deprived and teary today (which I know is normal post op). I was taking Endone but had terrible nightmares so now just taking Mersyndol at night to help with pain and sleep.

I feel very full (like I have eaten an elephant) but am starving. Being very good with the liquid diet but just so tired and hungry. I can only drink about 100mls at a time without feeling like I will explode (and yes it is going through very easily no probs)

I am also vegetarian which makes it hard for me to get protein for healing. I also cant get warm (I do live in Tassie so its cold anyhow)

Please tell me it gets easier..I feel awful and yukky and like it is not getting better fast. I am not worried that there is anything wrong just need some reassurance that this is what the first few days are like and then it gets better.

Rani
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Day 4 Post Op and I still feel YUK!! Help....   

Back to top Go down

Day 4 Post Op and I still feel YUK!! Help....
Page 1 of 1