newme2011
fitandhealthy
Vogette
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Jo

Flying & the Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flying & the Band   Flying & the Band Empty09/06/11, 11:03 am

Kings Park in Perth is beautiful, it over looks the city...beautiful wild flowers, city of lights etc.

the Swan Valley is lovely if you like wines, they have some wonderful wineries.

what sort of things do you like?

surf/country/wild flowers/off the beaten track lol

I will think of a few more things hehehe...
Back to top Go down
Vogette
Admin
Vogette

Flying & the Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flying & the Band   Flying & the Band Empty09/06/11, 09:41 am

Well, Jo, as we have just booked, we are still looking into it, but we will go to Perth, (of course) Margaret River, Albany, My husband wants to go to Rottnest Island, um....that's all I can think of so far. I have not been before, so it will be an adventure. What should we look for and where should we go? we have 2 weeks...
Back to top Go down
Jo

Flying & the Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flying & the Band   Flying & the Band Empty09/06/11, 06:39 am

Vogette wrote:
Tell me...does anyone have experience with air travel and the band? I am going to Japan in 3 weeks (and I have just booked a holiday to WA in December), so will have a few long flights. I have heard some people have trouble flying with their band becoming tighter.

Anybody experienced this? I have just gotten to a level of fill where I am very comfortable, and don't want to have any out, but I am open to suggestions.....

oohh where in WA are you going Vogette?
Back to top Go down
anewsharon

anewsharon

Flying & the Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flying & the Band   Flying & the Band Empty08/06/11, 11:45 am

I flew a while back just domestically and it really surprised me how tight I felt the night of the first flight. But dont think I had any problems after the flight home.
Back to top Go down
Ange

Flying & the Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flying & the Band   Flying & the Band Empty08/06/11, 10:05 am

Beth, I find that wearing teds on the plane stops the horrible swelling of my ankles and feet, so if youre prone you should grab a pair and try them out..
Back to top Go down
Vogette
Admin
Vogette

Flying & the Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flying & the Band   Flying & the Band Empty08/06/11, 09:23 am

I had heard about the tightness afterwards...I wasn't worried about eating on the plane, as I generally don't anyway....I hate the bloating you get, but I may take your advice, Zippy and take some shakes with me. I don't suppose they could complain about that in Customs, would they?

I am a little worried about eating in Japan....I am ok with a small piece of sushi here...but I am sure sushi is vastly different in Japan. I suspect sashimi will be the way to go. (As a nurse I have access to portable little "vomit bags" - I think I am going to take a supply of those too....for those awkward moments!!!!!).

I will just have to look for things with sauces....and eat verrrrrry slowly!
Back to top Go down
Ange

Flying & the Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flying & the Band   Flying & the Band Empty08/06/11, 09:11 am

My sister does long haul to LA several times a year and her experience is that the band is very tight for a few days afterwards. She stays on fluids until it relaxes again...
Back to top Go down
zippy

zippy

Flying & the Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flying & the Band   Flying & the Band Empty08/06/11, 08:51 am

I have done a few long hall international flights and a lot of domestic flights ...never ever had an issue or had fill out for the occasion...The food on these flights are dodgy tho so be aware you might starve if there is nothing on the menu to eat.... So take a shaker and a powdered protein drink just in case... you can ask for milk and water...or if your really wicked take a mars bar.
Back to top Go down
Tralee (Trace)

Tralee (Trace)

Flying & the Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flying & the Band   Flying & the Band Empty08/06/11, 08:09 am

I flew twice over the weekend and didn't realise there could be a problem flying until I read it here just then lol so obviously it was no different and I ate and drank on the plane too :)
Back to top Go down
Blupantz

Blupantz

Flying & the Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flying & the Band   Flying & the Band Empty08/06/11, 07:30 am

Vogette wrote:
Tell me...does anyone have experience with air travel and the band? I am going to Japan in 3 weeks (and I have just booked a holiday to WA in December), so will have a few long flights. I have heard some people have trouble flying with their band becoming tighter.

Anybody experienced this? I have just gotten to a level of fill where I am very comfortable, and don't want to have any out, but I am open to suggestions.....

I had heard this, but never experienced it - I just chose not to eat on the plane and just drank water.
Back to top Go down
http://downsyzeme.wordpress.com/
Jo

Flying & the Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flying & the Band   Flying & the Band Empty08/06/11, 07:16 am

ooh I will be watching this thread.

I have put off flying as I was too scared to go.

A few people I know who have flown with a band have had no problems but i've heard stories from other people (heresay) that they have.

I wonder if it depends how much fill you have?
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

Flying & the Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flying & the Band   Flying & the Band Empty08/06/11, 05:55 am

I have flown lots of times too. Never any problems. You have to be careful with your food choices though. On a flight home from Phuket for breakfast they gave a tiny fruit salad and a big solid bread roll. I ate my fruit salad and my husbands and took the cheese out of the bread roll. I think you get safer food choices if you opt for vegetarian before you fly. Depends if you can eat pasta though as it is usually an option.
Back to top Go down
newme2011

newme2011

Flying & the Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flying & the Band   Flying & the Band Empty08/06/11, 05:33 am

Hi Beth,

I have flown several times as well and had no problems, except I tried to eat an apple once and that was a BIG mistake. It is not that the flying made the band tighter, I just wasn't experienced enough with the band to know not to eat the apple! So beware of what you eat so you don't get a blockage.
Back to top Go down
fitandhealthy

Flying & the Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flying & the Band   Flying & the Band Empty08/06/11, 05:23 am

Hi Beth

I have done a lot of flying and have never had any trouble at all. Both long and short flights. Like most things with with band - it seems to have its own rules for different people. Hope it all goes well
Kerry
Back to top Go down
Vogette
Admin
Vogette

Flying & the Band Empty
PostSubject: Flying & the Band   Flying & the Band Empty08/06/11, 04:47 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Flying & the Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flying & the Band   Flying & the Band Empty

Back to top Go down

Flying & the Band
Page 1 of 1