May 2010 Bandits

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Vogette
Admin

PostSubject: Re: May 2010 Bandits   19/08/11, 10:56 pm

I'm still here!!!

Had all my fluid removed from my band (all 4 mls) cos I was having terrible reflux and chucking every meal.

Surgeon thinks I have Oesophagitis...at least that's what we hoped for, the other alternative was a slip!!!

So I am resting the band and my oesophagus for 2 weeks, and taking pantoprazole (Somac) to calm things down, which so far it has.

My big problem ,of course though, is I just want to eat everything in sight because I can!!!

Just goes to show, I cannot live without this tool...the brain never changes!!!

I am not game to jump on the scales because I really really don't want to go back to where I was...I am absolutely loving the new me...

Any how....only 1 more week to go, and then I'll get a bit of restriction back...I hope!!!

How are you doing???
Back to top Go down
suzzie

PostSubject: Re: May 2010 Bandits   19/08/11, 03:51 am

Were are all our may bandits gone ????
Back to top Go down
suzzie

PostSubject: Re: May 2010 Bandits   02/08/11, 01:44 pm

Smile Thanks catton !
Back to top Go down
catton54

PostSubject: Re: May 2010 Bandits   02/08/11, 05:11 am

Good on you Suzzie...great weight loss....congrats....
Back to top Go down
suzzie

PostSubject: Re: May 2010 Bandits   02/08/11, 03:55 am

just got back from the doctors ! i have lost 5 kilo and she put in 1/2 ml fluid...
she is very happy with us and is wrapped we went 8 months and lost weight ..
we go back in two months for another check up so happy .....
Back to top Go down
suzzie

PostSubject: Re: May 2010 Bandits   24/07/11, 06:42 am

Beth sorry to hear your sad news !
My heart felt wishes goes to you and your family xxx
Glad you lost weight while away and that you were able to see some beautiful sights ..
cheers suzzie
Back to top Go down
Tralee (Trace)

PostSubject: Re: May 2010 Bandits   23/07/11, 12:04 pm

Sorry to hear about your mum Beth my thoughts are with you x
Back to top Go down
catton54

PostSubject: Re: May 2010 Bandits   23/07/11, 11:33 am

So sorry to hear about your mum......very sad for you.....xoxoxo

Glad to hear that your managed to lose weight, good on you....

Cate.....
Back to top Go down
Vogette
Admin

PostSubject: Re: May 2010 Bandits   23/07/11, 02:25 am

Hi all,

So I am back from my 3 and a half weeks in Japan (actually had to fly back for 2 days in the middle as my mother passed away whilst we were away :-(...)

I am pleased to say that despite a lot of eating of good and bad food, I still managed to lose 1 kg while away. We did a lot of walking, and for 2 days, actually did mountain climbs and 1 day walked for 15 km in a glorious National Park past alpine rivers, white water and waterfalls.

Back to work on Monday (boo hoo).

Already have next trip booked ( 3 weeks in WA in December), so can't get too despondent! Hope all is good with everyone...I have been checking in occasionally to see how things are...

Cheers
Back to top Go down
suzzie

PostSubject: Re: May 2010 Bandits   30/06/11, 09:45 pm

Of to the big smoke to do some clothes shopping whoop whoop !
Back to top Go down
suzzie

PostSubject: Re: May 2010 Bandits   28/06/11, 04:02 am

Smile W.T.G Beth that's fantastic !! Sounds like you are having a ball !!
Back to top Go down
Vogette
Admin

PostSubject: Reporting from Tokyo   27/06/11, 10:20 am

Tokyo is a very interesting place....exceptionally clean, the people are delightful, the food is wonderful! Had a little issue on the plane with a stick, but nothing I couldn't handle. Eating well, walking about 10 km/ day...so lots of exercise, no snacking, 1 glass of red wine/day and good food = weight loss. Who Knew?

I am feeling fabtastic...lots of energy, running up the stairs in the Metro (very few of the underground stations have escalators or lifts)....outpacing my 25 yr old, my 16 yr old, my husband....I am so loving it. Even bought some clothes on the Ginza (Tokyo's equivalent of 5th Avenue). Should post that in NSV's!!!! Never thought I would be able to buy clothes my size in Japan, but there ya go...three gorgeous tops. Haven't tried pants...legs are all too short!!!!!

Tomorrow, changing hotels for Disney Resort, and then it's off to Kyoto by Shinkansen (Bullet Train). Wish me luck!!!

Last edited by Vogette on 23/07/11, 02:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
suzzie

PostSubject: Re: May 2010 Bandits   24/06/11, 02:17 pm

Oh what a lucky girl ! Have a great time Beth ....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: May 2010 Bandits   24/06/11, 01:49 pm

Have a fantastic time Beth, you lucky girl!!
Back to top Go down
Vogette
Admin

PostSubject: Re: May 2010 Bandits   24/06/11, 08:06 am

Sue, and all...

I am just about to escape winter as I am heading off to Japan for 3 & 1/2 weeks. It's currently around 30 degrees so nice and warm. I know I'll be able to handle the heat now (I used to sweat like a pig...No More!). As long as the Earth doesn't move too much while we are there, it should be fantastic.

I'll try to check in while we are there, but if I don't, I see you all when we get back.

Hopefully my band behaves...I have it a little loose at the moment for just this reason...hopefully I won't put on too much, and I find food I can eat! Sushi is not too bad for me if I go slowly. There's always Miso Soup, I guess!!!!

I'll give a full report on my return!!!

Bye all
Back to top Go down
suzzie

PostSubject: Re: May 2010 Bandits   23/06/11, 01:37 am

I HATE WINTER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Tralee (Trace)

PostSubject: Re: May 2010 Bandits   13/06/11, 12:05 am

Well done Suzzie what an amazing journey you have had :)
Back to top Go down
suzzie

PostSubject: Re: May 2010 Bandits   12/06/11, 10:51 pm

My weight loss has slowed right down i am 82.6 kilos just 7 kilos to go till goal !
But i am not worried about it as i know this horrid fat skirt i lug around is about 5 to 6 kilos in weight and i won't get rid of it quickly i will wait twelve months and have it removed!
Now its all about toning up !
This last twelve months have been amazing !
Watching my old life slowly disappearing to be replaced with much healthier options and better decisions regarding food
I am still tempted and yes i still give in!
But i know now its the portion size and the frequency that was my down fall !
once a fortnight i reward my self with a little bag of chips and a small bar of chocolate and i think this has been my saviour
I have struggled and put on weight then taken it off again it has never been a big amount of weight but it jolts me back to reality !
I think the best thing has been the clothes! Gone are the large 24 size tents with no shape and bright and bleary so to attracted the attention i so desperately tried to avoid !
to be replaced with fashionable of the rack size 14 clothes i know i will never be a size 12 i am to big boned but i am more than happy to be a size 14 and healthy ! This has been an amazing journey and i thank each and every one of you guys for supporting me through this you all are totally awesome and amazing people xxxxxxx cheers suzzie
Back to top Go down
Vogette
Admin

PostSubject: Re: May 2010 Bandits   06/06/11, 12:43 am

Oh yes, Sue...that has been my problem lately...I went and had a teeny tiny fil...0.25, and that seems to have done the trick. Not as bad as before....I have stopped searching the cupboards!
Back to top Go down
suzzie

PostSubject: Re: May 2010 Bandits   05/06/11, 09:35 pm

is anyone else struggling with hunger ?? i am putting it down to the colder weather and wanting warmer foods !
it seems to be stews and soups i am craving more than anything i shutter at just the thought of salad or can fish lol
Back to top Go down
Vogette
Admin

PostSubject: Re: May 2010 Bandits   03/06/11, 10:58 pm

Thanks Sue...I'm not beating myself up too much...I have had a hectic & stressful couple of months and I know it has come back to bite me. I have some busy times ahead (I am really looking forward to Japan) but at the end of the day I am absolutely ecstatic with where I am at!

I love being able to go into to a shop and simply buy something because I love it AND it fits. I went into a store yesterday....saw a gorgeous shirt and jumper, in PINK(! - I never wear pink!) and bought it! I didn't even try it on. I got them home....and they fit like they were made for me. I love it. I have never really been enamoured clothes shopping before...cos nothing ever looked nice. Now....just stop me!

I just have to remember the rules, eat slowly, eat smart, protein first, don't drink & eat, and I'll be fine. The teeny tiny fill I had has really helped.

All in all, I just feel fantastic!
Back to top Go down
suzzie

PostSubject: Re: May 2010 Bandits   03/06/11, 01:20 am

Don't kick your self beth your only human !
You have done a mighty job you are an inspiration to us all ..
I am struggling to but i only have 9 kilo's to go to goal and no fill till august !
but i am not worried i feel good..
you sound like you have a lot on your plate at the moment
so parties and japan wow sound amazing !
I hate that craving for food when i shouldn't be drives me insane !
yesterday i had a bit of an emotional day and i was detirmined not to do some thing stupid
Been feeling a bit down in the dumps and very teary .. don't know why maybe it's just winter ..
will Beth good luck but i know you don't need it you are super woman when it comes to all this stuff
Take care and have a great day tomorrow .. cheers sue ...

Back to top Go down
Vogette
Admin

PostSubject: Re: May 2010 Bandits   02/06/11, 11:31 pm

OK....so I have had a bad couple of weeks....I had the munchies real bad! Saw by band doc yesterday. I have put on nearly 4 kg. Not good. Had 0.25ml put in. So far so good. Didn't have the munchies last night so that is good. I didn't want too much put in because I am going to Japan in a few weeks and I want the band to be stable before flying.

I just want to be stable for a while...doesn't matter so much if I don't lose at the moment, but I want this constant searching for food cos i am hungry to stay away!

Maybe it's the cold weather doing it....hmmmmm

I have to get back on track. I am going to have a mainly protein day today. (Party tomorrow, so I can at least be good today!)

I have updated my ticker, so it's out there. I haven't been exercising much lately either, so I have to get that back together. Hmmm....I just have to step back and refocus!
Back to top Go down
suzzie

PostSubject: Re: May 2010 Bandits   02/06/11, 10:17 am

Lol Kids they always know how to burst that bubble
and bring you back down to earth ! glad you had a great day ...
Back to top Go down
Vogette
Admin

PostSubject: Re: May 2010 Bandits   01/06/11, 11:06 pm

Thank you so much, Tanya and Sue....I had a lovely day and felt thoroughly spoiled yesterday. I have a big party on Saturday, so I do not intend to be good, but I know my leash will keep me a little under control!!!

The only downer I had yesterday was when my daughter said to me..."Hey Mum, How does it feel to be in your 6th decade???" I restrained myself from slapping her...lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: May 2010 Bandits   

Back to top Go down

May 2010 Bandits
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next